• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadicated to the Guys of General A BIG THANK YOU FROM THE KING

228 posts in this topic

The only truly great thing about CG (anymore) is the EPIC THREAD. Where things are said that make you scratch your head, laugh out loud, and start PMs. Where things are said that stay in your sig line for months. Where friendships are formed over the posting pecadillos of others and a mutual love of comics.

If you are not in favor of the EPIC THREAD, then I am not in favor of you. There will always be plenty of threads to decry poopy auctions, cry about movie adaptations, and opine as whether Mockingbird has bigger tits than Black Cat.

There will not always be EPIC THREAD. Enjoy it while you can. Put your wet blankets in the dryer.

PS: COI (Cal) is a 100 gallon barrel of tangy sweet awesome sauce. If you haven't figured that out, then you take yourself, CG, comic books, and probably life, way too seriously. Slug yourself in the nuts a couple of times and call me in the morning.

You have a whole "damage your own groin area permanently" thing going on recently. It's scaring the children.

Stop it.

That has always been my thing. You clearly have been niggardly in your study of my posting history. For shame.

There are only 4 people on this forum, including the two of us, who know what that means. The rest of them are preparing a "Jimmy The Greek Wake" for you (EDIT: or running to google it.)

Oooooh. Oooooh. Pick me. Pick me.

The only truly great thing about CG (anymore) is the EPIC THREAD. Where things are said that make you scratch your head, laugh out loud, and start PMs. Where things are said that stay in your sig line for months. Where friendships are formed over the posting pecadillos of others and a mutual love of comics.

I had fun with CAL yesterday. I'm actually kind of bummed out now that I know his schtick. It's like looking behind the curtain. I would have rather gone on thinking he was some crazy nutbag who had to wear a bike helmet when he ventured out in public.

Well, he doesn't have to wear a bike helmet.

It's pretty clear he never did.

That's like trying to insure an already shattered slab.

Bravo, Mitch!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Can someone explain why the thread was stricken from the boards? Seems like whenever there's an energetic discussion mixed in with a few laughs, it get's pulled. What a disservice.

I have never laughed so hard than I have in the last couple of days on this fourm. I would thank each and every one of the responders to the now defunked " An Open letter to the RAT". There is more energy and humor that 1000 of those Kevin Smith wanna be shows.

The issues brought up were good ones to, the investor vs collector, the good, and the bad and the ugly of our comic book collecting world.

One thing we have in common is our love for comic books, original art, and of course the great reprints that are coming on the market, such as the silver streak archives, Flash Gordon etc 2012 is the most exciting collector year in over 50.

In reality each and every one of you is the "king of comics", each in your own world that you so gratefully share on this fourm.

THANK YOU,

Mitchell Mehdy

Collector's society member

If you are not in favor of the EPIC THREAD, then I am not in favor of you. There will always be plenty of threads to decry poopy auctions, cry about movie adaptations, and opine as whether Mockingbird has bigger tits than Black Cat.

There will not always be EPIC THREAD. Enjoy it while you can. Put your wet blankets in the dryer.

PS: COI (Cal) is a 100 gallon barrel of tangy sweet awesome sauce. If you haven't figured that out, then you take yourself, CG, comic books, and probably life, way too seriously. Slug yourself in the nuts a couple of times and call me in the morning.

You have a whole "damage your own groin area permanently" thing going on recently. It's scaring the children.

Stop it.

That has always been my thing. You clearly have been niggardly in your study of my posting history. For shame.

No study, Firecrotch. I was trying to be delicate by adding "recently". Let me rephrase.

Have you had a chat with a therapist about your genital damage fetish?

Better?

:ohnoez:

There's a "black & blue and red all over joke" in this thread some where...I just don't have enough energy to think of one.

:whatev:

If you can somehow combine it with the "Kelly Brook sitting on a box of balls" thread I will subscribe to your newsletter AND twitter feed.

:facepalm:

Is CaptainofIndustry the same person as Cal? Or is this someone elses alias who just happen to dust off the username after 4 months to brown nose the out of Mitch?

:popcorn:

And RMA...look at what this place has done to you.

Good work guys. Don't rest until every interesting person has been driven away.

Hey, they're just saving us from the big bad bullies that we are too stupid to realize are bullying us.

I don't know how I would have been able to enjoy the forums without their intervention. :cloud9:

It's like when you go to school and the lunch police.. confiscate your lunch because your mom did not pack a veggie..and the replace your turkey sandwich, apple juice, and banana..with processed chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and tater tots..

They think they are doing what is good for you because they know better but they replace the good wholesome stuff with carp...

That story just blew my mind. The kid should have been given some Brawndo to drink instead of that chocolate milk. Would have made more sense. :insane:

Hey Brawndo is what preschool kids crave!..and plants

Hahaha.

$5 I am on the list? Won't be the first crazy list I have made and I am sure it is far from the last. When I see stupidity out of an adult I am too outspoken and am always happy to let them know how it is.

I just want to thank CGC for how easy it is to ignore a user. Now that I know what is up with Cal and COI they are both on my ignore user list. This helps to keep the boards worth reading. Sure I will miss some of the stupidity and train wrecks but that is the trade off.

Cal has a sense of humor, sometimes...and I'd agree, sometimes he's joking, but those of you who have seen his "shtick" over the years must surely know, it's not all in fun. He takes somethings deadly seriously...So, I don't know who pmed whom, but do some research before you make decisions, if nothing else, you will have a few more laughs;).

Cal did, however, have dibs on the King title, way before Mitch started posting here;) AND, he spells better...or at least he tries.

COI, on the other hand, writes beautifully, he's just pulling both your legs at once;)

Is CaptainofIndustry the same person as Cal? Or is this someone elses alias who just happen to dust off the username after 4 months to brown nose the out of Mitch?

I have been accused of being " Unruly American", and a few other shills in the "not-so-glorious" days past...

CAL does NOT need shills of any kind.

When I post my posts, I want NO misunderstandings...

CAL not happy today...

I have been accused of being " Unruly American", and a few other shills in the "not-so-glorious" days past...

CAL not happy today...

COI was having some fun with Brendan, Cal. It's not some kind of slight towards you

CAL not happy today...

COI was having some fun with Brendan, Cal. It's not some kind of slight towards you

lol I have had far many more serious "slights" than this..

but maybe this Brendan character really thinks that COI and I are the same? if someone is stuck on an idea, it can be hard to convince them otherwise...

CAL still waking...

CAL not happy today...

lol I have had far many more serious "slights" than this..

but maybe this Brendan character really thinks that COI and I are the same? if someone is stuck on an idea, it can be hard to convince them otherwise...

CAL still waking...

I'm still contemplating the Brendan = CAL theory.

hm

RMA is cool and contributes to these boards you are correct. You not so much. So by any chance was Justin your illegitmate son?

COI is a great asset to the boards. Here, he's just colossally wrong.

If you say so, because since I have joined I have seen nothing but stupidity out of the alias/ usernames of this COI and CAL. I will take your word that at one time he may have been an asset of some sort.

I mean really it says a lot about this Cal character when I have had multiple long time board members reach out to me via PM telling me about some interesting details about him. Honestly I should be nicer to him now that I am aware of what is truly going on and is the driving force behind this online persona.

So this behind-the-back PMing is STILL going on?

Are you willing or able to share any of these PM's with the entire Board?

Curious CAL

I find your views intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

+1