• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 27 cgc 1.8 On Ebay

62 posts in this topic

A good pressing might bump it up to a 2.5... hm
No it won't. Book has already been pressed to death i would suspect so 1.8 is as good as it gets but still a great find! Sparklecity has really been on fire lately. congrats to them

Is it odd for me to say that looking at this 1.8 is actually more rewarding than looking at a 9.0? This is awesome.

+1

Seeing all the wear and tear on this book, you know its been read alot and has survived a long time through who knows what. While a 9.0 could've been lost in a closet for 50 years. It makes you appreciate the beat up book more. Anyways it does me.

I agree...nothing better than an old, well loved comic book. To me, the folds, creases, stains and marks show its age, a history if you will. I don't know about you, but I love to pick up an old, low grade book and smile as I think about the kid who held it first when it was brand new, loved it as he read it over and over and kept it just safe enough for me to have my turn with it. Old comic books. :cloud9:

A good pressing might bump it up to a 2.5... hm
No it won't. Book has already been pressed to death i would suspect so 1.8 is as good as it gets but still a great find! Sparklecity has really been on fire lately. congrats to them

Seems odd that a book would be pressed and yet put in a slab with a piece of the cover folded over.

I would agree that it's quite desirable as is. Not sure why people seem to throw books onto the market at the same time there are similar books already out there. But it happens a lot. Over the years I remember times when a rare book showed up in such multiples that I presumed it was not really rare (how could it be with four copies available at the same time?) only to see later that, once those were gone, no similar copies appeared, at all, for years to come.

Obviously, there will not be years before we see any Tec 27s, but it sometimes surprises me the way people see other copies for sale, and presume now is the time to sell their's as well. When I've contemplated putting things up for sale, and I see others appear, I am usually more inclined to put mine to the back burner in case there is one buyer too few at that moment in time.

15 pieces of tape. :frustrated:

Easily removed. And with the nice pages you would have a great book.

Would that be classed as restoration - removing tape?

depends on how much glue residue is left. but i wouldn't do it on your own. gotta pay for it to be professionally removed.

Man I love SparkleCity...I have bought at least one book from their amazing auctions for the last few weeks. What is exceptional is how fast they ship and the care put in the packaging. Their auctions definitely bring a premium but with all the rubbish on Feebay as of late, I'm more than happy to pay a little more for quality from beginning to end. And no, I do not work for them!

Man I love SparkleCity...I have bought at least one book from their amazing auctions for the last few weeks. What is exceptional is how fast they ship and the care put in the packaging. Their auctions definitely bring a premium but with all the rubbish on Feebay as of late, I'm more than happy to pay a little more for quality from beginning to end. And no, I do not work for them!

They seem to be cornering the market on decent books on ebay when it comes to actual auctions, at least as far as GA and Atom Age are concerned. And yes, there are no bargains to be had. :cry:

No, removing it is not restoration, it's conservation, but if cover is loose, I would be concerned that it might actually drop in grade hm

No, removing tape is not restoration, it's conservation, but if cover is loose I would be concerned that it might actually drop in grade hm

Excuse my ignorance, and I apologize if its been asked already, but I am curious as to why this is considered blue universal and not considered qualified since the tape is on the inside holding the cover on?

I wonder if they taped all the detached covers back with tape. They're all OO books that are reattached. Usually OO will tape everything, inside and out. To reattach a cover hoping for a grade bump is usually on the inside. That is so lame if that's fresh tape.