• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Tec 27 CGC 1.8 Original owner on eBay

76 posts in this topic

Looks about right for a 1.8; can't say the same for some of the other GA books that were posted (look at the Action 15, oh my).

Once again the CGC gift grades completely turn me off (though I do like the PQ on many of the books that SC is turning up).

I find it very interesting that the tape was not removed prior to slabbing. As such I would assume tha the book is being held together by the tape and if the tape was removed you would lose the spine. It presents very nice for the grade and from the people I had talked to about tec 27's it should go over 100K I just don't know if it will especially on ebay.

Any clue what the most expensive comic actually sold on ebay has been, perhaps the Action 1 they just sold?

James G

I find it very interesting that the tape was not removed prior to slabbing. As such I would assume tha the book is being held together by the tape and if the tape was removed you would lose the spine. It presents very nice for the grade and from the people I had talked to about tec 27's it should go over 100K I just don't know if it will especially on ebay.

Any clue what the most expensive comic actually sold on ebay has been, perhaps the Action 1 they just sold?

James G

Wouldn't surprise me in the least although I'm also surprised the tape wasn't removed prior to slabbing. I wonder if the concern was over getting a PLOD and if that would significantly impact the end value?

What make you think it wasn't put on prior to slabbing?

I assumed that the discoloration on teh back was tape but it might not be, which would lead me to believe the tape is on the inside of the cover and likely over the tears. The book just looks "unclean" ie there are folded pieces on teh back cover that would have made the book look a lot nicer if set right. I may have to get the notes on this one to see what they say.

It would be a crime if the tape was put on to attach the cover as that adds no value and the tape would do so much more harm. Maybe SC will chime in on this?

James G

I talked to Sparkle City about it. This book may go anywhere from 75k to 125k. There is no history to go on other than the 2.0 on HA. The excessive tape may turn investors and collectors off totally so the 75ker's win. Then, there's the other W&Ws (Waiters & Watchers) who just want a copy and will bid up into six figures to own it. (shrug)

Who knows, peewee may have a new baby in the fam! :insane: