• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

We can talk issue #2 all day long...

I thought it was good.

I knew what had to be coming at the end because I already saw the cover for #3.

See my earlier, not so spoiled mini-review.

What has bugged me about this gentleman and another is their constant need to talk money / quantity or in this recent case of trying to have a contest when we should be discussing the book.

I don't care about the value of this book. I needed to find a book that I knew I would enjoy, based off your recommendation to read YTLM, and not speculate on. There has to be someplace to find fans to discuss it with the 'numbers' (not a LOST reference) getting in the way.

Like you said: Not here and not in the Chew thread.

The Stalk is an awesome character. Simply awesome. I am very interested in the power of this new group at the end given how quickly The Stalk ran away.

She looks awesome.

Reminded me of Pan from Pan's Labyrinth at first glance, until I realized she was a female.

The axe was a little much in the forefront.

I know it is sci-fi but I started trying to figure out 'where are the weapons kept when she is walking? She couldn't have walked on only the two legs as that seems to be unbalanced...'

I thought it was good.

What has bugged me about this gentleman and another is their constant need to talk money / quantity or in this recent case of trying to have a contest when we should be discussing the book.

I don't care about the value of this book. I needed to find a book that I knew I would enjoy, based off your recommendation to read YTLM, and not speculate on. There has to be someplace to find fans to discuss it with the 'numbers' (not a LOST reference) getting in the way.

I would try ANOTHER board. Seriously. CGC is an activity that is inherently about monetizing a comic book. When you slab a book, you can't read it. As such, people are going to talk about money, investment value, when to buy, when to sell, etc. OR, alternatively, you could relax and ignore the posts about things you don't like to read about and quit complaining about this issue. You waste more time complaining about this issue than anyone I've ever seen. Unless the forum rules suddenly change, you're going to have more luck bashing your head through a wall than you are going to have changing people's behavior. In reality what you are doing is the equivalent of going on a stock investment site and yelling at anyone who wants to talk about numbers instead of company profiles. I suggest that you try and start acting more like your screen name in reference to posts that aren't interesting to you instead of having such a harsh, visceral response. You'll be a lot happier in the long wrong.

The Stalk is an awesome character. Simply awesome. I am very interested in the power of this new group at the end given how quickly The Stalk ran away.

As I've said above (way, way above before the Saga RRP), I couldn't agree more. The Bounty Hunters have made the book so far for me. I'm anxious to meet more characters. It's amazing how familiar you feel with the world BKV and FS have created in a mere 2 issues. It is a true testiment to their creative ability and raw talent. I'm in for the long run with this book. It's amazing for me how much creative work is being published by Image and how little is being pumped out of Marvel and DC. It's also amazing how satisfying an issue of Saga is compared to an issue of the Walking Dead which usually leaves me frantic because it takes so little time to read. Saga somehow is more enjoyable for me than any other book I'm reading right now. With Chew Snyder's Batman and the Walking Dead being so damb good, I never thought I would say something like that.

Agreed, loved "The Stalk" :headbang:

I thought it was good.

I would try ANOTHER board. Seriously. CGC is an activity that is inherently about monetizing a comic book. When you slab a book, you can't read it. As such, people are going to talk about money, investment value, when to buy, when to sell, etc. OR, alternatively, you could relax and ignore the posts about things you don't like to read about and quit complaining about this issue. You waste more time complaining about this issue than anyone I've ever seen. Unless the forum rules suddenly change, you're going to have more luck bashing your head through a wall than you are going to have changing people's behavior. In reality what you are doing is the equivalent of going on a stock investment site and yelling at anyone who wants to talk about numbers instead of company profiles. I suggest that you try and start acting more like your screen name in reference to posts that aren't interesting to you instead of having such a harsh, visceral response. You'll be a lot happier in the long wrong.

(tsk)

Thanks for playing. When the majority of boardies that have populated the boards before the latest baby boomers make a simple request then time to adapt. There are ample speculation threads which means this thread can be left for discussion of the book. Anyone able to post here can search eBay completed listings for the latest and greatest. To be quite honest Nico prior to your arrival it didn't come nearly as much. The worth was the read.

So, I bought two Saga RRPs from eBay and they've both come in over the last few days.

The first copy was described as "NM" and I guess it is, except there's a weird waviness to the back top left corner. A couple of minor spine dings on the back cover as well. It's probably a 9.2 to 9.4 and might press higher, so I'm keeping this one.

The second was described as "NM or better, best copy on eBay" and was, ironically, worse than the other copy. Good sized ding to the lower left corner, small color-breaking spine ticks, bend to the upper left corner. It's hard to tell if the damage happened in transit, or if it was that way before. Regardless, this one is going back to the seller.

I think the moral of this story is, the raw copies you see on eBay "may" be the dregs in terms of condition. The NM/M copies were probably cherry picked at C2E2 and are on their way to CGC as we speak.

So, I bought two Saga RRPs from eBay and they've both come in over the last few days.

The first copy was described as "NM" and I guess it is, except there's a weird waviness to the back top left corner. A couple of minor spine dings on the back cover as well. It's probably a 9.2 to 9.4 and might press higher, so I'm keeping this one.

The second was described as "NM or better, best copy on eBay" and was, ironically, worse than the other copy. Good sized ding to the lower left corner, small color-breaking spine ticks, bend to the upper left corner. It's hard to tell if the damage happened in transit, or if it was that way before. Regardless, this one is going back to the seller.

I think the moral of this story is, the raw copies you see on eBay "may" be the dregs in terms of condition. The NM/M copies were probably cherry picked at C2E2 and are on their way to CGC as we speak.

You think that's bad? That's nothing.

I received a copy yesterday taped to the inside of the box. Yes, you read that correctly. The seller taped a weird mylar half-sleeve to the box and then taped the half sleeve to the front cover of the book. Maybe this was all arranged differently when he sent it off, but that's the way it arrived and it looked intentional.

Fortunately, I am truly amazing when it comes to tape removal and, after a half hour with scissors and a steady hand, I was able to liberate the book without any tape pulls.

Easily the worst packing I've ever seen in 15 years of buying books online.

I received a copy yesterday taped to the inside of the box. Yes, you read that correctly. The seller taped a weird mylar half-sleeve to the box and then taped the half sleeve to the front cover of the book. Maybe this was all arranged differently when he sent it off, but that's the way it arrived and it looked intentional.

Fortunately, I am truly amazing when it comes to tape removal and, after a half hour with scissors and a steady hand, I was able to liberate the book without any tape pulls.

:facepalm:

I'm surprised you tried to fixed it. If I opened a box and saw tape on the cover of the very pricey RRP I purchased, it would be going straight back to the seller.

:facepalm:

I'm surprised you tried to fixed it. If I opened a box and saw tape on the cover of the very pricey RRP I purchased, it would be going straight back to the seller.

Yeah, normally I would have, but I got this copy for about 60% of current ebay price, so it was worth the effort. If I had paid $100+ for it, it would already be in the mail, going back for a refund.

(tsk)

Thanks for playing. When the majority of boardies that have populated the boards before the latest baby boomers make a simple request then time to adapt. There are ample speculation threads which means this thread can be left for discussion of the book. Anyone able to post here can search eBay completed listings for the latest and greatest. To be quite honest Nico prior to your arrival it didn't come nearly as much. The worth was the read.

It is impossible to have a discussion if you are not going to attempt to refute what I say. Read the forum rules. Again, there is an inherent monetary aspect to slabbing a comic. Whether you are morally oppossed to that or not is a completely different issue. That's why there's GPA analysis. All I'm saying is to "RELAX" and let the conversation flow. if you don't like a particular portion of conversation, start a new topic, sub-topic, whatever.

1) It is impossible to have a discussion if you are not going to attempt to refute what I say.

2) Read the forum rules.

3) Again, there is an inherent monetary aspect to slabbing a comic.

Whether you are morally oppossed to that or not is a completely different issue. That's why there's GPA analysis. All I'm saying is to "RELAX" and let the conversation flow. if you don't like a particular portion of conversation, start a new topic, sub-topic, whatever.

1) doh!

2) (shrug)

3) :facepalm:

I got my first two Saga RRPs yesterday (NM+....yes!) and was slobbering over cover art. Too bad Fiona isn't currently selling any of those...

Seth

Edited by sclemons