• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

lol

When you sell your 25 copies you can take a couple days off. ;)

I am a collector. A hoarder. I would never dream of selling them.

Unless somebody offered me enough money.

Then I might.

Seth

P.S. I still only have eight so far...

lol

When you sell your 25 copies you can take a couple days off. ;)

I am a collector. A hoarder. I would never dream of selling them.

Unless somebody offered me enough money.

Then I might.

Seth

P.S. I still only have eight so far...

So if someone offered you the right price you would sell? Seems you be dreaming son. ;)

Must have jumped in the first day

Yeah, I snagged any copies I could near $50 (averaged $65 for my eight copies). Was hoping to get 20+ but people started buying copies at $125-$150 and now all of the auctions are hoping for that amount or more.

Am now waiting to see if another wave appears online after the current auctions run their course. I might be willing to throw money around, but current asking prices are too much for even me...

Must have jumped in the first day

Yeah, I snagged any copies I could near $50 (averaged $65 for my eight copies). Was hoping to get 20+ but people started buying copies at $125-$150 and now all of the auctions are hoping for that amount or more.

Am now waiting to see if another wave appears online after the current auctions run their course. I might be willing to throw money around, but current asking prices are too much for even me...

It was probably you buying all the reasonable priced ones that lead to the price jump. People might have thought they were going to miss out so they paid over the odds?

My goal isn't to turn around and sell these. I simply like this series and want to have as many copies of the most collectible book it will probably have.

Same reason I have four copies of Fables 6 RRP and nine copies of YTLM#1 (four 9.8s).

Seth

It was probably you buying all the reasonable priced ones that lead to the price jump. People might have thought they were going to miss out so they paid over the odds?

Yeah, probably has something to do with it, but it is the truth. If somebody had 100 copies at $50 today, I would probably make a deal to get all of them. The Lex Luther in me would ideally want to track down every known copy and slab it. Does that make me evil?

In a limited run, even one or two people can affect the price. Similar to when a big buyer puts a floor in for a stock.

Seth

My goal isn't to turn around and sell these. I simply like this series and want to have as many copies of the most collectible book it will probably have.

Same reason I have four copies of Fables 6 RRP and nine copies of YTLM#1 (four 9.8s).

Seth

And yet none signed by Vaughan. ;)