• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Said the guy with no Vaughan signed books. ;)

To each their own. :)

...said the guy with no YTLM original covers...

Why would I need a measly signed comic book when I have the original comic covers to, not one, but two YTLM issues? ;)

Seth

My goal isn't to turn around and sell these. I simply like this series and want to have as many copies of the most collectible book it will probably have.

Same reason I have four copies of Fables 6 RRP and nine copies of YTLM#1 (four 9.8s).

Seth

I'm not knocking you (although I probably would be if I hadn't managed to grab a reasonably priced copy...), but why do you want to have so many copies?

Is it being able to sit there and think "nobody has as many copies as me bwahahahahaha", evil genius style? I guess I just don't understand why owning 8 copies would give a person so much more enjoyment than owning 1 or 2, if your goal genuinely isn't to turn around and sell. Would be interested to hear.

Oh, and sell me one of your Fables 6 RRPs!

Is it being able to sit there and think "nobody has as many copies as me bwahahahahaha", evil genius style? I guess I just don't understand why owning 8 copies would give a person so much more enjoyment than owning 1 or 2, if your goal genuinely isn't to turn around and sell. Would be interested to hear.

Hard to explain. I only have a couple of titles that I buy, so my dollars aren't spread around.

When it comes to limited print runs of my favorite comics, I really enjoy knowing that I have the most extensive collection. It's hard, because the registry doesn't really reward multiple copies, rather completeness of a series. In my heart, I don't really care about having YLTM#37 in 9.8, but I like having four 9.8 copies of YLTM#1...

Saga#1 RRP will probably be the only true scarce, high demand comic that this series will ever have. If I could own half of them, I would...

Seth

When it comes to limited print runs of my favorite comics, I really enjoy knowing that I have the most extensive collection.

How would you know, though? In regards to the Fables #6 RRP, for instance, you said that you have 4 copies - I know at least two people who own more copies of that book than you, yet neither of them would be so bold as to proclaim that they "have the most extensive collection of this particular issue".

Hard to explain. I only have a couple of titles that I buy, so my dollars aren't spread around.

When it comes to limited print runs of my favorite comics, I really enjoy knowing that I have the most extensive collection. It's hard, because the registry doesn't really reward multiple copies, rather completeness of a series. In my heart, I don't really care about having YLTM#37 in 9.8, but I like having four 9.8 copies of YLTM#1...

Saga#1 RRP will probably be the only true scarce, high demand comic that this series will ever have. If I could own half of them, I would...

Seth

So...YOU are the reason that I can't get my hands on one for less than $100! Thanks, pal...really great of you to leave some for the rest of us!

I really wish you wanted to corner the market on something else...like beanie babies.

When it comes to limited print runs of my favorite comics, I really enjoy knowing that I have the most extensive collection.

How would you know, though? In regards to the Fables #6 RRP, for instance, you said that you have 4 copies - I know at least two people who own more copies of that book than you, yet neither of them would be so bold as to proclaim that they "have the most extensive collection of this particular issue".

There is always someone tougher than you, smarter than you, and possessing more copies of any given comic book than you.

Seth

That's the bit I don't understand. Would it bother you that you would be depriving 250 (or whatever it is) other fans of the series of the chance to own a scarce, collectible issue?

Especially if you wouldn't be intending to sell them, you wouldn't get extra registry points and you could easily have the most extensive collection without owning half.

It probably sounds like I'm having a go at you, and I'm honestly not - I'm just genuinely fascinated by different collectors' mindsets. At the end of the day it's your money and you are obviously entitled to spend it how you like!

Adam

Haha. I said that is my 'want' to have. I want to have the most 9.8 YTLMs#1s in existence. I want to have the most Fables 6 RRPs. I want to have the most Saga 1 RRPs. I am not bold enough to say I am there on any of those fronts yet, but I was showing that I am working on it...

Starting next year, I plan to work on putting together some nice registry sets as well.

If I could fully explain why, then it would be easier, and less costly, to get therapy for it... ;)

Seth

There is always someone tougher than you, smarter than you, possessing more copies of any given comic book, richer, and more obsessive than you.

fixed