• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Just picked up an "Image Firsts" Saga #1, and the $1.00 price is outlined in blue. On the image website the cover shows an orange outline:

http://www.imagecomics.com/news/260/SEVEN-IMAGE-COMICS-1s-FOR-1-EACH

Just wondering if that is just the promo image, or is there another printing of the "Image First" cover?

Before it gets lost in the banter, anyone?

Sending off my 1-8 + #7 ghost this month to get slabbed (see you in six..... Months).

It's all good. It will be an awesome surprise in the summer.

Assuming straight submission you'll have them back before the end of April. (thumbs u

Yes (until it goes down).

I love this book beyond words. I think it is the greatest thing since...I can't even remember. To me it's the Breaking Bad of comics, which is to say, the book that makes me go, "Holy *$*@#, who knew comics could be that good?" No one is more bullish on Saga.

That being said, I think the prices on runs of 1-6 (or 1-8) are a bit inflated at the moment. I can see issue 1 continuing to increase, and perhaps to a lesser extent, issue 2 as well. However, I just can't see 3-8 maintaining the prices they are bringing in on runs ATM. Historically, it is only issue 1 (and maybe 2 and 3) that will hold value in the long run. Just look at YTLM. Issue 1 is smoking hot. Raw VF/NM copies are in the $160+ range. And issue 2...? Maybe $25? Issue 5? $3 book.

So...my advice would be to blow out full runs at $120 or so and then use that money to buy two or three raw #1s (effectively trading issues 2-8 to acquire more #1s). It's a good idea to strike while the iron is hot on issues 2-8. 2c

i think YTLM prices would be even higher if the covers looked like the characters in the book. i feel the same about Preacher. its the covers that stopped me from collecting the floppies. i know im weird, but there are atleast some others that feel the same way.

For Saga, #1 is going to be a classic cover. i feel the same about issue 4 and 5. and possibly 3 depending on where Izzy goes in the series. Issues 2 and 6 are visually great, but lack "star power" imo.

Edited to add: i feel that if Saga goes the way i feel its going to go, the RRP will be a very expensive book. That Cover is beyond Epic imo.

Edited by ThoseBackPages

Yes (until it goes down)

So...my advice would be to blow out full runs at $120 or so and then use that money to buy two or three raw #1s (effectively trading issues 2-8 to acquire more #1s). It's a good idea to strike while the iron is hot on issues 2-8. 2c

I have a set of blue 9.8s for myself, and a set of raws for myself (cause reading is the point :D ), and just one extra set of raws. Not sure if I am ready to part with them, but you do make a good argument.

That being said, I did buy three #1 1st prints for $60 total ($20 each) from a LCS earlier in the week when things started going up.