• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

We are all patiently (or not so patiently) waiting to see these copies without the left corner tear.

As far as the title goes, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised when we see that the print run is lower than 25K. Can anyone confirm if Diamond had any retailer incentive and/or return policy to promote sales (similar to what they did with Fatale)? Thanks for the info.

If there was the same incentive I think we'll see a print run around 35K - 50K if Image did not do the incentive I'm guessing between 23K-30K.

I've been to a ton of shops in my area in the last day (I had a bunch of time to kill b/c of a family thing) and the shop owners did not order it heavy and these guys were a good sample. I know there was one shop in Florida that ordered 500 copies, but I haven't heard stories of any other big orders. If the book was put out by DC I think the print run would have been 100K .

all the stores near me are sold out. They even took the one that had been folded in half. I'm getting 5 from Midtown sometime next week (that's all they let me order). They use a UPS/USPS combination of shipping. Sounds like it will take alot longer than it should.

Edited by krighton

With the Saga craze and people buying multiple copies, its like people are trying to find a golden ticket lodged in between the pages.

lol

Funny because it's true. Stock market for comics.

I bought two.

One to keep and the other to pass around to friends to get them hooked.

It worked on one so far.

:applause:

That's a good reason to buy extras. (thumbs u

Agreed. :)

to see some of you post, you'd think you never gather up extras of books to send in to CGC. Or is slabbing moderns considered a horrendous waste of time and money.

Edited by krighton

Slabbing moderns is fine.

Look to Branget as a prime example of how to do it right.

I focus on personal, older modern books to slab.

My main focus right now is SS of a series that I bought off the rack.

The books won't be added to my registry until each one is complete.