• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

to see some of you post, you'd think you never gather up extras of books to send in to CGC. Or is slabbing moderns considered a horrendous waste of time and money.

As someone who has read quite a few of my posts your interpretation is sorely lacking. I have explained my way of doing things multiple times. In fact I have offered so much information on how to make money on recent titles that if someone were to follow the advice they would be too busy to post.

And for the record I see 2 distinct comic arenas which are as a collectible and to read. Some people spend time in both areas. By buying multiple copies like you are and throwing them in a box then which group are you supporting?

I CGC and give away copies regularly for the few titles I support.

honestly they could have left the tv head people making love on the cutting room floor. Surprised there hasn't been a media uproar about that...pretty graphic.

It's an adult comic. (shrug)

honestly they could have left the tv head people making love on the cutting room floor. Surprised there hasn't been a media uproar about that...pretty graphic.

It's an adult comic. (shrug)

M for MATURE on the back. Don't go giving this one to your kids lol

From the solicit for #4 it sounds like this is only the beginning of BKV scripted sexual acts. :ohnoez:

"SAGA #4

story BRIAN K. VAUGHAN

art / cover FIONA STAPLES

JUNE 20

32 PAGES / FC / M

$2.99

Welcome to SEXTILLION, a distant planet where even your darkest fantasies become reality. See why everyone's talking about this hit new ongoing adventure from BRIAN K. VAUGHAN and FIONA STAPLES!"

Edited by Tuff Ghost

to see some of you post, you'd think you never gather up extras of books to send in to CGC. Or is slabbing moderns considered a horrendous waste of time and money.

As someone who has read quite a few of my posts your interpretation is sorely lacking. I have explained my way of doing things multiple times. In fact I have offered so much information on how to make money on recent titles that if someone were to follow the advice they would be too busy to post.

And for the record I see 2 distinct comic arenas which are as a collectible and to read. Some people spend time in both areas. By buying multiple copies like you are and throwing them in a box then which group are you supporting?

I CGC and give away copies regularly for the few titles I support.

it's nice of you to do that

I like to think it is but it's not my motivation. I told you in the Fatale thread that if you want a title to have a chance then support it. Although the definition of support varies among titles you can see a great example here on the boards. Go check out the Locke & Key thread. Jerel's passion for the title single handedly made it a board favourite. Read that thread and it can teach anyone how to be a fan of a title.

There are other great examples here but that one is my favourite. You can follow the entire life cycle of the title here on the boards.

With the Saga craze and people buying multiple copies, its like people are trying to find a golden ticket lodged in between the pages.

Yup, I will wait for about 6 to 8 issues to come out and just buy a lot of them in NM condition off eBay for what I am guessing will be around cover price.

Just too many people speculating on this book for it to really jump in price.

Just for fun I just tried to reorder more just now and it is coming up backorder. But I do have a couple of reorders arriving (well one more got one in on Friday)

Reordered 2nd prints?
Nope. First prints (shrug)

That wasn't an option in Canada at the time you posted.

I direct shipped from

Local stock and it filled :)

well you got lucky, or you could have just waited 6 to 8 months when the bubble bursts and grab Fatale from $ bins.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u