• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

i have a couple copies i got from Midtown that have dings on the corner if anyone wants them. Just don't expect amazing bomb proof packaging. And to Midtown's credit, they gave me back my money and told me to keep them. So that's something you don't see often.

Edited by krighton

Well it was a trilogy book series. I read it a couple years ago.Sort of like a Post-Apocalyptic Battle Royale (Japanese movie). I liked the book, hope the movie is as good.

They say this has potential of being the biggest grossing movie of the year.

Edited by DomUga

What are these hunger games? Apparently the next big thing?

Battle Royale rip off :(

Not that the sequels weren't. :baiting:

This will be a nice launch pad for more young adult books to carve a niche in the movie market (ala Twilight/Harry Potter), I'm looking forward to some of them coming. They might even replace comic movies in popularity and actually get better crafted. :popcorn:

Saga is still selling strong on ebay with sales coming in at $8.00 to $10.00 before shipping and handling. I imagine that this book was under ordered because of false comparisons to Ex Machina. I think people assumed that other retailers would be ordering in larger quantities than they did and that the title wouldn't enjoy the sucess it has in the secondary market. Anyone want to revise their predictions regarding the print run. I still think that orders were between 25K-30K but won't be surprised if the print run was even slightly lower than 25K. I do not think that there is any way that there are 200K copies of this title. Also, has anyone seen what the second print cover image looks like? Last, but not least, has anyone heard of any convention variant cover(s)? Thanks for any insight you are willing to share.

i think someone just pulled that 200k number out of the air....i'm sure it's closer to the 25k range.....i saw 3 guys today walk into a LCS and all wanted a copy of Saga....sorry we're sold out. the signed ones wihout any type of COA are going for between $30 & $50.

Saga is still selling strong on ebay with sales coming in at $8.00 to $10.00 before shipping and handling. I imagine that this book was under ordered because of false comparisons to Ex Machina. I think people assumed that other retailers would be ordering in larger quantities than they did and that the title wouldn't enjoy the sucess it has in the secondary market. Anyone want to revise their predictions regarding the print run. I still think that orders were between 25K-30K but won't be surprised if the print run was even slightly lower than 25K. I do not think that there is any way that there are 200K copies of this title. Also, has anyone seen what the second print cover image looks like? Last, but not least, has anyone heard of any convention variant cover(s)? Thanks for any insight you are willing to share.

I'm going to stick with my 35K prediction.

yeah, could well be upwards of 35k, i can't see it much higher though....has anyone still seen stacks and stacks of the book in their LCS? I know Branget mentioned he waded through 200. I only have 4 stores near me and they're all sold out.

Edited by krighton

yeah, could well be upwards of 35k, i can't see it much higher though....has anyone still seen stacks and stacks of the book in their LCS? I know Branget mentioned he waded through 200. I only have 4 stores near me and they're all sold out.

I visited a few stores over the weekend. 2 were sold out, 3 had anywhere from 20-40 on the shelf.