• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Jason has done two kind of SAGA prints. He has his regular ones which are $25. For those he's done 4,7,8,9,12,14,15,18 like Felix mentioned.

They're printed on like a thick card stock. Has a texture kind of like water colour paper.

He's then done 3 giclee prints which have been $100 for 4,7,8. These are canvas.

Either way, they haven't done a print for issue #1 yet in either form. From the sounds of it this one at SDCC may be the $100 canvas style? Anyone wanna pick me one up :shy:

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Dub Tea F is a giclee?

edit:

Giclée (/ʒiːˈkleɪ/ zhee-KLAY or /dʒiːˈkleɪ/) is a neologism coined in 1991 by printmaker Jack Duganne[1] for fine art digital prints made on inkjet printers. The name originally applied to fine art prints created on IRIS printers in a process invented in the late 1980s but has since come to mean any inkjet print. It is often used by artists, galleries, and print shops to denote high quality printing but since it is an unregulated word it has no associated warranty of quality.

k, got it.

Edited by CBT

Whoops! Didn't notice that Jason used the "giclee" term for the canvas prints only. Thought he used that across the board.

And yes, it's a somewhat pretentious art gallery term that I've generally associated with limited edition numbered prints. But it's become such an overused marketing device that it really has very little meaning anymore.

#20 was awesome. Definately not what I expected, but seems like its going. An interesting, more "everyday life" direction. And of course, space drugs.

Anyone know what the bandages on marko's face on the cover were in reference to?

#20 was awesome. Definately not what I expected, but seems like its going. An interesting, more "everyday life" direction. And of course, space drugs.

Anyone know what the bandages on marko's face on the cover were in reference to?

Just a disguise Marko wears to venture outside I think besides no wanted posters or news about the fugitives anywhere which they reference in the previous issue.

Brian and Fiona sure do know how to nail the beats of the story in each issue. Always enjoy the first page of each issue which draws you in, there's usually a panel or page after the turn to emphasise an emotion and the last page always hits hard. Love this book :cloud9:

Just read the last issue. Very first page had me like :popcorn:

By the time I finished it I was like :sumo:

Also , from reading the letters column. There is a very good chance that we will see 25 covers either for issue #25 or issue #50.

If it does happen, it will be a pain to track all these down in 9.8. How do the walking dead registry folks do it? lol

If they go that route, I'm selling my set(s).

Was thinking about it anyway, to be honest.

25 variants makes me want to puke.

25 variants is overkill. They should at least save it for when it reaches 100. Way too early for that many variants.

If it does happen, it will be a pain to track all these down in 9.8. How do the walking dead registry folks do it? lol

Just request a variant free second registry set. Then you can compete in both, or just the one you like.

Just request a variant free second registry set. Then you can compete in both, or just the one you like.

True.

I already requested one. It's on the current list.

Good call. Forgot all about that option, haha.

i would say sub it yourself, slow track, if you had to (and personally i dont think they will do it, but if it makes the team a couple hundred grand by having a 3-400,000 print maybe), and that would be

18*25+5+shipping = around $500 (as an american)

But actually, as I think about it, thats just the CGC costs. If they had 25 variants, one of them is going to cost $500 plus in 9.8, and be too much of a gamble to sub yourself without multiples to pick through.

Yah, it would/will be a gong show feeding frenzy on these boards if it happens. Plus, the speculator greedmonging drooling hoarders will be fighting against you on top of it. It definitely would be real tough on collectors.

Edited by CBT

and you guys only collect one of each cover! lol

But arent your 5x sets raw TBP? That's less than $150, and I still am not sold on this actually happening.

Yea, raw except for the variants! lol

Actually its 10 sets, but still need 5 more RRPs and some 1b/c/d's to complete it