• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please give me Bone 101

15 posts in this topic

Pick up the collected volume and give it a read. Fantastic story. One of the best. It's just about some weird creatures (the Bones, little white Smurfs) that find themselves in a LOTR type fantasy world. It's completely kid friendly (published by Scholastics these days) but one of the best stories out there. It's light reading but full of action, comedy, suspense, and everything that makes a story great. Awesome artwork too. One of the very few series I prefer in color.

It's an all ages book that is a cross between Uncle Scrooge/(Duck Tales) and The Lord of the Rings. (I've heard the creator Jeff Smith describe it that way.)

It's fun, comedic, and at the same time there is this large epic story going on.

It's one of those rare comics that everyone who reads it seems to enjoy. It's extremely popular with kids, and can be found in most school libraries. My nephew who is 11 recently read the series and loved it.

I put it up there with Preacher, Y: The Last Man, & Walking Dead as modern must reads for comic collectors. (thumbs u

The only thing that really appears to be kid-related is the nature of the Bone character artwork.

My favorite part of the book is that it's both dark and funny. The humor is definitely cleaner and old school, but funny nonetheless (which is normally not my cup o' tea).

Pat

How has this thread gone this many posts without someone making a crude remark about the thread title... there's *got* to be a joke in there somewhere...
What? He just wants someone to give him Bone.

Mikenyc covered the joke end.

On wiki "Publication date July 1991 – June 2004"

So it's no longer in print?

It's in print (particularly the big single book 1,332 pages), but the serialized story is done.

http://www.amazon.com/Bone-Complete-Cartoon-Epic-One/dp/188896314X/

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ30274159

Yeah,it's a really great book.I've read it 3 times so far in the one volume edition.The Rose series with Charles Vess art is good too.Different than the regular Bone story but does give the background & history for what is going on.

Stupid Stupid Rat Tails is also a must read.