• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Key has the Worst Story???

50 posts in this topic

It could be argued that Hulk 181 is campy...

But earlier this year I got a beater of Avengers # 1 to read and I must admit

old Stan Lee must have been doing so good drugs in the 60's to come up with

the idea of the Hulk working as a Circus Clown...

I wonder if that'll be in the movie...

:insane:

What Key has the Worst Story???

Maybe its me, but I just can't read ASM #129 without laughing at how badly written the story is. For such a lasting character, the Punisher should have had a more memorable first appearance...

Granted, I haven't read most of the others in the thread in a long time, but I did re-read GSX1 about a month ago, and ham-fisted exposition about the characters and where they came from was bad. Like Shutter Island bad.

Sure, the writing back then was not what we expect now, but that issue was pretty bad in terms of transition and delivery.

Maybe its me, but I just can't read ASM #129 without laughing at how badly written the story is. For such a lasting character, the Punisher should have had a more memorable first appearance...

Really? I thought that was one of the better ones from that era.... (shrug)

I agree...I though Gerry Conway and Ross Andru's run on the title was consistently good and this issue was no exception. A low-key debut certainly, but Punsy was originally created only to be a monolithic foil for Spider-Man's angsty moralism.