• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why isn't Secret Wars 8 worth more?

63 posts in this topic

This is it in a nutshell.

Just about everyone owned this book. If you buy a collection from the time period, it's very likely to include at least one set of Secret Wars.

It's too common to be worth a whole lot.

Too many of them out there in HG grade?

Wasn't there a topic before how this issue is one of the most slabbed and most 9.8 comic out there. So I'm guessing it's the quantity that's affecting the price. I don't think the price is gonna go any higher than what the GPA is since Venom was already introduced in the last Spiderman movie, and he's not involved in the new one coming out. Maybe if there's a spin-off movie with Venom as the main character and is directly linked to the issue. There's a lot of them out there, although I don't have one.

Because it's nothing more than an origin story. Big whoop.

I don't see it that way. To me "origin story" implies a story of the past being told or retold like in Batman 47.

This was the first appearance and origin of the symbiont who later became known as Venom.

It's not the first appearance. The first appearance of the costume was in ASM 252, around 6-8 months before Secret Wars 8.

The first appearance of Venom was ASM 299 (Cameo) and 300 (Full).

Secret Wars 8 was nothing more than the origin story to tie these two events together. It's not the first appearance of anything.

Because it's nothing more than an origin story. Big whoop.

I don't see it that way. To me "origin story" implies a story of the past being told or retold like in Batman 47.

This was the first appearance and origin of the symbiont who later became known as Venom.

It's not the first appearance. The first appearance of the costume was in ASM 252, around 6-8 months before Secret Wars 8.

The first appearance of Venom was ASM 299 (Cameo) and 300 (Full).

Secret Wars 8 was nothing more than the origin story to tie these two events together. It's not the first appearance of anything.

OK, then that make sense. It was so long ago I thought I remembered Secret Wars 8 being the first time he wore the black costume.