• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDW Wally Wood's Stories Artist's Edition

30 posts in this topic

Not just a plug for IDW publishing....but these are apparently already sold out and going for twice the asking price on eBay!

This is simply the finest comic book related item I have ever purchased. I will hand it down to my grandkids!

Romita, Walt, even Dave Stevens...all fine wonderful artists. But this Wood book puts them all in coach.

"Wow" is all I can say. Thanks for all those that shared the wonderful scans.

Mark King

There did not seem to be much publicity at all for this Wally Wood retrospective compared to IDW's big promotion for SDCC sales launches. I know several hard core Wood collectors who would have liked to buy this tome at retail price. :cloud9:

Yep. Sorry I missed it.

This seems to be the one people missed for some reason. I've seen some people asking about it on twitter this week.

True, i didn't heard about it , more precisely i didn't catch the quality of this book. the comic shop manager knows i am an EC addict and put me the book in my hands last week :o

what could i do except buying it ? :grin: , he only got two and kept one for him

i ordered the Romita and i really hope they will do other ECs , an Ingels or Williamson would be really interesting :cloud9:

Just got a paypal refund from an online bookstore that I ordered mine from awhile back.... seems they can't fulfill the order.... or, don't want to for cover price.

Just ordered again at a higher price from another online source.... let's see if that one pans out.

What was the print run anyway.... and why not print more, as the book sold out long before the release date according to the idw website?

I am extremely disappointed with IDW on the limited print run. The book was supposed to come out in October. When I attended APE and NYC in October, the book was not available. I spoke to the IDW representatives at APE, who said that there should be plenty of copies available. Since I prefer to pick up a copy in person, I asked whether copies would be available at Wondercon. The rep said YES. What I have learned in life is do not believe what people tell you. I did not see any copies at the IDW booth at the London Super Comic Con.

I will not pay the higher price, but will console myself with my two pages of Wally Wood EC science fiction OA that are not in the book.

I am extremely disappointed with IDW on the limited print run. The book was supposed to come out in October. When I attended APE and NYC in October, the book was not available. I spoke to the IDW representatives at APE, who said that there should be plenty of copies available. Since I prefer to pick up a copy in person, I asked whether copies would be available at Wondercon. The rep said YES. What I have learned in life is do not believe what people tell you. I did not see any copies at the IDW booth at the London Super Comic Con.

I will not pay the higher price, but will console myself with my two pages of Wally Wood EC science fiction OA that are not in the book.

I get the gripe and complete kudos on living up to the screen name. lol

Did you call IDW or email customer service to see if they will have copies at Wondercon? I'd try that first.

Personally, after the Rocketeer book sold out lightning fast, I have pre-ordered everything they have printed. It's not worth it to me to miss out on any of them to avoid having them shipped.

Did you call IDW or email customer service to see if they will have copies at Wondercon? I'd try that first.

Personally, after the Rocketeer book sold out lightning fast, I have pre-ordered everything they have printed. It's not worth it to me to miss out on any of them to avoid having them shipped.

Are they intentionally under printing this stuff in order to ramp up desirability and demand? It seems that every edition so far has sold out in super quick time. (shrug)

Are they intentionally under printing this stuff in order to ramp up desirability and demand? It seems that every edition so far has sold out in super quick time. (shrug)

I can't remember what the reason was. I know they are incredibly expensive to produce. Maybe that had something to do with the limited run.

I thought I heard someone mention going back to print on the Wood book, but that might just be a rumor.

I just wanted to chime in here. We solicited the book through Diamond and got a very good response. But when the book was FOC'd it went up drastically. We DID overprint, but did not count on the huge reorders from retailers, or the incredible demand for the book once people started previewing it. Believe me, we want to get copies in the hands of fans.

Sorry some people here did not get copies, sincerely. Stay tuned, might have some news shortly.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

I just wanted to chime in here. We solicited the book through Diamond and got a very good response. But when the book was FOC'd it went up drastically. We DID overprint, but did not count on the huge reorders from retailers, or the incredible demand for the book once people started previewing it. Believe me, we want to get copies in the hands of fans.

Sorry some people here did not get copies, sincerely. Stay tuned, might have some news shortly.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

:applause::popcorn:

I did not see any copies at the IDW booth at the London Super Comic Con.

IDW did have a copy at the start, on Saturday.  As a Wally Wood fan I was tempted to buy it, but I don't really have any space to store the Artist's Editions here, so I declined.  

Quite a good price as well, £75.

IDW did have a copy at the start, on Saturday.  As a Wally Wood fan I was tempted to buy it, but I don't really have any space to store the Artist's Editions here, so I declined.  

Chris had three copies of the Wood and three Romita, and all six were sold by 10:00 AM.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

Chris had three copies of the Wood and three Romita, and all six were sold by 10:00 AM.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

Thanks, the facts are that the regular attendees could not get in before 10 AM, the probability of obtaining a copy in London is zero.

I ordered both the Romita and Wood books in mid-December as soon as I heard about them via the comicart-l mailing list.

They arrived last week, shipped together. I have a decent library of limited edition and first edition books, and the production values on these two books are as good or better than anything else I own.

Congrats to everyone involved in the sourcing of material, scanning, design and production.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

Thanks, the facts are that the regular attendees could not get in before 10 AM, the probability of obtaining a copy in London is zero.

That's why I posted about it.  As soon as I understood I couldn't take one, I realised that the Editions would sell out in no time and that regular attendees, in at 10am, wouldn't have had a chance.

I would be just as irritated by an insensitive response like this one. doh!

And, sometimes, I too wonder why I bother. :facepalm: