• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDW Wally Wood's Stories Artist's Edition

30 posts in this topic

Are they intentionally under printing this stuff in order to ramp up desirability and demand? It seems that every edition so far has sold out in super quick time. (shrug)

It sounds like they just did an incredibly poor job of forecasting demand. Hopefully they will ramp up the print runs going forward as well as go back to the printers for the sold-out editions. IMO, people buying the book are buying it for the art and not for the collectibility of the book itself, so it would behoove them to print enough to satisfy demand. I got the Romita book directly from IDW, but had to pay close to double for the Simonson book from a reseller. I'd like to get the Wood book too, but I didn't count on it selling out so quickly and hope that it is reprinted. :wishluck:

Has IDW said anything about the possibility of a second printing (or softcover edition) for any of their artist edition books?

Seems like a simple solution for any demand problem.

Originally Posted By: Scott Dunbier

I just wanted to chime in here. We solicited the book through Diamond and got a very good response. But when the book was FOC'd it went up drastically. We DID overprint, but did not count on the huge reorders from retailers, or the incredible demand for the book once people started previewing it. Believe me, we want to get copies in the hands of fans.

Sorry some people here did not get copies, sincerely. Stay tuned, might have some news shortly.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

It sounds like they just did an incredibly poor job of forecasting demand.
That's a bit extreme. IDW is publishing an expensive book in a niche market. Leaving some money on the table is a far more preferable forecast than over-printing and running into trouble, something that more than one specialty publisher has done.

Has IDW said anything about the possibility of a second printing (or softcover edition) for any of their artist edition books?

Seems like a simple solution for any demand problem.

Originally Posted By: Scott Dunbier

I just wanted to chime in here. We solicited the book through Diamond and got a very good response. But when the book was FOC'd it went up drastically. We DID overprint, but did not count on the huge reorders from retailers, or the incredible demand for the book once people started previewing it. Believe me, we want to get copies in the hands of fans.

Sorry some people here did not get copies, sincerely. Stay tuned, might have some news shortly.

Best,

Scott Dunbier

Excellent news. Do you ever announce upcoming items on the Boards?

There is a thread for that. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=53

Actually came it..... good ole ebay. Whatta great book. I wonder how many of these will be chopped up and pages hung in frames? The paper's so thick it's almost like art board.

I wonder how long before some dope tries to pass off a scanned page as the real thing on ebay?

Best,

Scott Dunbier

I hope this get's reprinted,I pre-ordered mine last August at TFAW.com but it doesn't look like my order will get fullfilled.Next time I go straight to the source.