• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book has arrived! Hey IAN Part 2...

109 posts in this topic

I made my own! Time to change it though - tomorrow - it needsa trip to the laundry!

Yep, with that arm held up I can smell you from here. grin.gif

...says the man with his big foot in everyone's face.... 27_laughing.gif

I made my own! Time to change it though - tomorrow - it needsa trip to the laundry!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The boservant would note my arm is not up in the air but just cut (it DID hurt) and pasted to appear that way!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The boservant would note my arm is not up in the air but just cut (it DID hurt) and pasted to appear that way!

For what it's worth, I hope you never change that avatar. I laugh with glee every time I see it. 27_laughing.gif

Actually it makes me chuckle too. But I must change it if I am to have any credibility (yah yah - open invite). Otherwise, my fake cut/paste arm may somehow be seen as real as a non-PLOD book that has restoration notated.

I shall miss my imaginings of your chuckles, but a new one is in the works. frown.gif

Actually it makes me chuckle too. But I must change it if I am to have any credibility (yah yah - open invite). Otherwise, my fake cut/paste arm may somehow be seen as real as a non-PLOD book that has restoration notated.

I shall miss my imaginings of your chuckles, but a new one is in the works. frown.gif

That's ok. I have my own avatar to laugh at these days.

Ian - I really hope you are joking here. I have not said much about your quests but the few posts I have made have been positive. You just got a free copy and you post this? Like I say, I hope it is a joke.

I think you missed the joke that I was saying entirely. I was joking about someone bidding a thousand dollars for it thinking I'd buy it for more, when of course we all know that won't happen because of Shield's generosity. I thought the joke was clear.

Ian - I really hope you are joking here. I have not said much about your quests but the few posts I have made have been positive. You just got a free copy and you post this? Like I say, I hope it is a joke.

I think you missed the joke that I was saying entirely. I was joking about someone bidding a thousand dollars for it thinking I'd buy it for more, when of course we all know that won't happen because of Shield's generosity. I thought the joke was clear.

Now I'm confused. Isn't a "joke" supposed to be funny? confused.gif

Live and learn I guess..... tongue.gif

Its that English "humor". Same reason people think Mr. Bean is funny.

They think Mr. Bean is funny because he's English, or because it's meant to be English humor?

They think Mr. Bean is funny because he's English, or because it's meant to be English humor?

Mr Bean is funny! Dude makes me laugh everytime.

Mr Bean is funny! Dude makes me laugh everytime.

Either way, Bean is universal slapstick humor that crosses all language and cultural barriers. Real mordant, cynical English humor would be Black Adder (also starring the Bean bloke).