• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think is a sleeper?

61 posts in this topic

Sleepers:

1. Little Dot #6 Richie cover

2. Little Dot #1 1954

3. Flash #105

4. Harvey Hits #3 file copy 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (1956? Richie solo issue & cover), 1/2 price compared to Richie Rich #1 (1960).

5. Hot Stuff #1 file copy

I think all of these are in Heritage right now. File copies....

Well, I think one additional area is early Bronze Age books with classic cover art by the masters (Adams, Wrightson, Kaluta) but only so-so interior art. In the pre-CGC era, books with Adams interiors were hoarded, but books with "only" classic cover images got relegated to the quarter bins. Now with CGC, there's much more a premium placed on the quality of the cover, so the surviving ultra-nice copies might qualify as "sleepers."

As an example, everyone now knows about this one:

141_4_227.jpg

But did you also know about these?

141_4_221.jpg141_4_230.jpg

141_4_241.jpg87_4_405.jpg

87_4_411.jpg87_4_423.jpg

werewolf 32 (first moon knight)

new mutants 98 first deadpool

fantastic four 52(black panther)

x men 5 and 6(first omega red)

and undervalued books are....GUIDE price for marvel spotlight 5 and iron fist 14.

Independents are undervalued..

caliber presents # 1(first crow)

solar 10 (first eternal warrior) try finding one in 9.8.. Good luck. one of the Hardest moderns to find in high grade. 893blahblah.gif

All Double Impact related books published by High Impact/ABC with painted covers by Armando Huerta 893censored-thumb.gif . You are most likely unaware of these late 90s books now, but you won't be forever. ------Sid

I still think that important/classic covers, First Cover Appearances, and other cover-related Keys are the true sleepers in the CGC era.

I remember mentioning this about ASM 51 (first Kingpin cover), others joined in, and CGC prices spiked up noticeably. confused-smiley-013.gif

new mutants 98 first deadpool

x men 5 and 6(first omega red)

:

These books are dirt cheap right now. I've been snatching up the Deadpool appearance lately and the lovely Liefeld art is such a bonus mmmmm yummy