• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New comics for 6/3/2004

35 posts in this topic

Thursday release because of Memorial Day? Retailers can correct me on that if incorrect...

Here's next week's goodies!

Avengers / Thunderbolts

Alpha Flight #4

BPRD Plague of Frogs #4

Dragonlance L of Huma

Detective Comics #795

Exiles #48

Enginehead #3

Freak GN

Firestorm #2

Ghost Spy #1

Justice League Advent

Marvel Age Fantastic Four

Marvel Age Spider-Man #5

Marvel Knights 4 #6

Marvel Age SpiderMan TP

Masters of the Universe

NYC Mech #2

Oh My Goddess #109

Rob Zombie Spook Show

Spider-Girl #75

Spawn #135

Superman Birthright #11

Swamp Thing #4

Scratch #1

Strykeforce #3

Thanos #11

Thor #80

Thundercats Enemy Pride

Tomb Raider #42

Ultimate Spider-Man #60

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Uncanny X-Men #445

Wildcats Version 3.0 #22

X-Men Unlimited #3

Y The Last Man #23

and MY picks smile.gif

Marvel Knights 4 #6

Superman Birthright #11

Swamp Thing #4

Thanos #11

Thor #80

Tomb Raider #42

Ultimate Spider-Man #60

Ultimate Fantastic Four #6

Uncanny X-Men #445

X-Men Unlimited #3

Y The Last Man #23

Yes, Diamond has a note on their website saying delivery is Thursday this coming week.

My picks:

Avengers / Thunderbolts

Justice League Advent

Marvel Knights 4 #6

Thanos #11

Thor #80

Ultimate Fantastic Four

thumbsup2.gif

Ultimate Spider-Man #60

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Not much for me. Think the Carnage app will be collectible?

It is worth picking up for sure for Modern Spidey fans. Carnage was huge when he came out and then got played out, but I would like to see the "Ultimate" treatment he gets. Collectible? Check the Ultimate Venom storyline issues and their current prices frown.gif Only if they make alternate art covers, like USM 54 (Arachnoman alternate cover? - don't know much on this yet...just see ebay sellers pre-selling it)

Ultimate Spider-Man #60

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Not much for me. Think the Carnage app will be collectible?

It is worth picking up for sure for Modern Spidey fans. Carnage was huge when he came out and then got played out, but I would like to see the "Ultimate" treatment he gets. Collectible? Check the Ultimate Venom storyline issues and their current prices frown.gif Only if they make alternate art covers, like USM 54 (Arachnoman alternate cover? - don't know much on this yet...just see ebay sellers pre-selling it)

It's an incentive book based on orders of Amazing Fantasy... For every five copies of AF 1 that retailers order, they can also order a copy of the Arachnoman variant... The FOC for it is this week, and my guess is that a lot of retailers will be asleep at the wheel. JQ's weekly emails have mentioned it the last couple weeks, but they haven't made that big of a deal of it...

So it will be scarcer than it should be... but I can't imagine huge demand for it either... confused-smiley-013.gif

'House

ENGINEHEAD #3: What a [!@#%^&^] up book this is. Oddly disjointed, weird in all the wrong places, somewhat incoherent. It's actually sort of fun in a head scratching sort of way and I do enjoy McKeever's art insane.gif

Swamp Thing #4: "Hi mom"

"Hi Tefe"

"Want to see what I can turn into?"

SPLORK!

"Well... that's something new dear 893whatthe.gif"

I'm also reminded that I like John Constantine. I'm going to go back and read some Hellblazer stuff. 1st up? The Ellis arc Haunted.

Thanos #11: Next issue should be fun.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #6: Cool! Now that that's out of the way- CAN WE HAVE WARREN ELLIS PLEASE? I enjoyed this little intro arc, but I'm never a huge fan of intro arcs, so- WARREN ELLIS PLEASE! Read the letters column? BMB took credit for Van Damme, so all you purists know who to hate. Wait a second, he's Mr. Ultimate, so you already hate him.

Y The Last Man #23: Y needs a hug.

ENGINEHEAD #3: What a [!@#%^&^] up book this is. Oddly disjointed, weird in all the wrong places, somewhat incoherent. It's actually sort of fun in a head scratching sort of way and I do enjoy McKeever's art insane.gif

"Hi Tefe"

SPLORK!

I'm also reminded that I like John Constantine. I'm going to go back and read some Hellblazer stuff. 1st up? The Ellis arc Haunted.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #6: Cool! Now that that's out of the way- CAN WE HAVE WARREN ELLIS PLEASE? I enjoyed this little intro arc, but I'm never a huge fan of intro arcs, so- WARREN ELLIS PLEASE! Read the letters column? BMB took credit for Van Damme, so all you purists know who to hate. Wait a second, he's Mr. Ultimate, so you already hate him.

Go get Thor 80. It is tremendous. When the Oeming arc is over, btw, it will be DROOLING FANBOY HEAVEN in the creative team. Think of the an over the top team. And then top it. I can't tell you, but its going to be out there.

it will be DROOLING FANBOY HEAVEN in the creative team. Think of the an over the top team.

OK, so you're saying the writer will be Garth Ennis. Who is the artist????confused-smiley-013.gif

My book reviews from this week:

USM #60: I keep buying this book despite the fact that the first issue of every arc pisses me off. A little set-up, but did it really have to be called, "Carnage: Part 1"? No Carnage, no Venom. Issue would have done better as a "stand-alone, set-up". It would be nice if we (the readers) didn't know what was going to happen at the beginning of every arc. (Does this make sense?).

UFF #6: Pretty lame considering everything that's happened so far. The issue didn't flow very well, IMO. Like Rob says, Bring on Ellis (...and Doom!!!!!! cloud9.gif)

Y: The Last Man #26: Always a good read. Nice to see Yorick finally defend himself. Now, if we can just get him laid, all will be good in "No Man's Land". Ending was another pretty good Vaughn cliff-hanger.

100 Bullets #50: So it doesn't come out until next week. Guys at my shop always let me read the preview. Good, double-size issue w/ the "origin" of the Minutemen. Handled nicely by Azz, but I actually thought it would go back even further (Ceasar was killed by 13 senators....I thought he might take it as far back as that). And for the first time, I wasn't blown away by Risso's art. Looked a little rushed to me (probably b/c it was a double issue). And, once again, where's Graves????

Haven't read Swamp Thing yet. That's on tonights agenda.

Go get Thor 80. It is tremendous. When the Oeming arc is over, btw, it will be DROOLING FANBOY HEAVEN in the creative team. Think of the an over the top team. And then top it. I can't tell you, but its going to be out there.

Garth Ennis and Simon Bisley?

Walt Simonson?

Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross?

Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons?

Alan moore and anyone (since Moore working at Marvel would be an earth-shattering piece of amazingly impossibleness.)

Frank Miller and Dave Gibbons?

Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow?

Warren Ellis and Moebius? <-- (I would [!@#%^&^] myself)

Warren Ellis and Alan Davis?

You said out there, how about Alejandro Jodorowsky and Siekiewicz/Ashley Wood/ Dave McKean?

"Hi Tefe"

SPLORK!

Should I ask why you keep saying things like "I can't tell you, but..."?