• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

Klozd I was wandering does your Hulk 216 variant have a printers crease on the right edge of the front cover just above the red banner"Countdown to Castastrophe" I have seen three of this issue and they all did and I don't know about the other two but mine also has a printers crease on the back. If yours does their must have been a problem at the factory with this issue at least the 35 cent one's I have also noticed every Ghost Rider #26 variant I have seen also has a large printers crease on the front cover to. I will attach a scan to show what I mean. Just curious if all the Hulk 216 variants are like this frown.gif. Also If anyone can rember what variants Motor City had I would love to hear.

Yes, mine has the printer's crease defect also, something I took into account when grading the book. With it being a printing defect though, would that lower the grade on the book or no?

Hi;Klozd I did not mean to sound like I was trying to question your grading I was just curious if all the Hulk 216 35 cent variants have that crease on the cover don't know if this would affect the grade any or not mine is really not all that noticible. I Have always been very interested in how manafacturing errors on comics happen especialy Double covers I also have a 35 cent variant with the Marvel Comics Group logo missing from the top how could this have happened confused-smiley-013.gif. I have never been to the factory where they are put together but I would sure like to sometime to see how it all works. I think that comics must go through some sort of rollers after they are stapled to fold them if this is right that must be where they got the printers crease maybe they were folded through the rollers before the cover ink was fully dried causing the covers to crease in a few places but this is just a guess. Are their any one on hear that has been to the factory or worked their that can explain how these errors occure I would sure like to know. I will attach a scan of the comic with the logo missing I would sure like to know how this happened?

589a8c9798e68_573171-Caperror.jpg.e7ba8d1b33368f959c603754e3014dbb.jpg

I just found 2 price variants and threw them up on ebay. I guess the Rawhide is fairly rare, and I put the link up describing 30 cent variant lisings, so thanks rob react. BTW, I bought them from the original owner who lives here in Baltimore. Hope that helps your regional research.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12589&item=2264158355

I have a variant club question. Would it violate any club rules (or forum ones) to PM known variant collectors to see if they would like to sell me some 30 cent variants? I have now officially joined the chase and will have over 100 different variants in a few days so I wanted to send my want list around. I already contacted Darthdiesel about this but since I have dealt with him before I figured there was no problem. BTW, if anybody has some to sell please PM me... low grade copies are not only accepted but preferred. grin.gif

I have a variant club question. Would it violate any club rules (or forum ones) to PM known variant collectors to see if they would like to sell me some 30 cent variants? I have now officially joined the chase and will have over 100 different variants in a few days so I wanted to send my want list around. I already contacted Darthdiesel about this but since I have dealt with him before I figured there was no problem. BTW, if anybody has some to sell please PM me... low grade copies are not only accepted but preferred. grin.gif

No foul contacting the known collectors..it's just if they will respond confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually the only thing that I think is frowned upon is asking someone to pull an active auction on ebay for a side deal... since most of the club snipes anyway.

Another rule was that the openly listed variants were a free-fro-all unless you had made a deal with some other folks. But the "hidden" variants were not to be outed on here until after the end of the auction.

I checked your list and saw very few if any I could improve upon with a dupe of mine I was going to sell. My inventory of dupes has been culled to slab candidates and stuff I need to still upgrade myself smile.gif The presence of my Top Census copies is slowly dissipating with each convention and on-site grading - just check and see 3 Top Census variants up on ebay now from Chicago foreheadslap.gif

Thanks Carl, I'll be sending out my want list later today. Even if you only have a few please let me know about them. I only hope that there are enough of those westerns to go around when I get down to my last few. I got some really nice variants off RealityTrip BTW... thanks again for that contact. thumbsup2.gif

Okay, all the Pms have been sent. Essentially, if you have been active in variant threads for the past few months you got one from me. I am missing all the toughies of course. Thanks to all who can assist. Only 84 to go! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey folks!

How do I find out if a 35 cent book is a price variant, as opposed to the slightly later 35 cent version?

Thanks.

--merichar

http://mysite.verizon.net/psmerolle/35variantlist.htm

Even easier. If the book has a cover date of October, 1977 or before, and has a 35 cent price on it, YOU WIN.

Hey folks!

How do I find out if a 35 cent book is a price variant, as opposed to the slightly later 35 cent version?

Thanks.

--merichar

http://mysite.verizon.net/psmerolle/35variantlist.htm

Even easier. If the book has a cover date of October, 1977 or before, and has a 35 cent price on it, YOU WIN.

Donut smart. Rob dumb.

[edit] 20,000th Bronze Forum Post... acclaim.gif

Edited by rob_react