• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

"just no CGC-worthy one?"

This is the case with the blanks in my set smile.gif Do you have one better than VF- ? We can take it to PM smile.gif

Nope... MetaRog got my one and only and it was in the F/VF range or so.

Just curious about the books availability (not that I've seen more than one in my life)...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

If you are asking me that question, I would tell you to keep those two books.

If you need money, or do not care about them, or both---put them on Ebay. If it is for a Price Variant Club member--give them a good deal!

Prices can vary. If the 98 is VF you would do OK, and the 100 is always popular regardless of grade.

I would buy duplicates of those books if the price was right.

Best of luck to you.

This may be nothing, and I really don't have enough examples to be 100% certain. But I may have found a UK price variant.

I have a Cap 213 with 12p on the cover and 30 cents on the indica.

I also have x-men 112 with 12p on the cover and 35 cents on the indica.

On ebay right now there is an x-men 124 with 12p which I believe would still be a 35 center????

Does anyone have/know if US 30 centers were 10p in the UK?

If interested I can post a scan tonight.

Any thoughts????? confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a Master of Kung Fu 47 with a 10p price, and a Nova 13 with a 12p price,for what its worth.

US Version of Master of Kung Fu 47 would have been 30 cents and you have 10p

Nova 13 is a possible 35 cent variant and came out the same month as my Cap 213. The fact that both are 12p either means...

1. We both have variants

2. All possible US 35 cent price variants were increased across the board to 12p

The trick would be to find a 10p version of a possible price variant book.

Has this topic ever been discussed before?

I'll see what I can find out.

I have a Master of Kung Fu 47 with a 10p price, and a Nova 13 with a 12p price,for what its worth.

US Version of Master of Kung Fu 47 would have been 30 cents and you have 10p

Nova 13 is a possible 35 cent variant and came out the same month as my Cap 213. The fact that both are 12p either means...

1. We both have variants

2. All possible US 35 cent price variants were increased across the board to 12p

The trick would be to find a 10p version of a possible price variant book.

Has this topic ever been discussed before?

I'll see what I can find out.

You're also assuming the UK price is tied to changes in the US price. I'd think the exchange rate would have a more direct effect on the price of UK copies than normal US price hikes.

Jim

Here is a pretty cool page that explains UK pricing

UK pricing

I don't think exchange rate could have an effect on a single issue print run. If a 10p copy of a Sept 1977 book exists, I think its pretty safe to say the 12p is a price variant.

Most likely all of these books will be 12p as that would have been the easiest thing to do at the time. There was really no reason to judge reaction to a price increase when only a limited amount of books were being sent over in the first place.

Edited by finecomics

I'm pretty sure this is what happened. I think it was the third month for the 30 centers. I'm not sure about the 35 centers.