• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage shipping and customer service

17 posts in this topic

I'll preface this by saying that I'm in in the mood to person_without_enough_empathy. Simply because the CGC boards are near me.

Actually, it's not much of a rant. More of a head-scratcher. It never ceases to amaze me how some companies stay in business given their lack of customer service.

I won a few things in the February Heritage auction. Got the invoice from them, and paid it promptly - within a few hours of receipt.

They attached their standard international shipping form, and said that if I didn't already have my shipping instructions on file, I would have to complete the form and send it to them. The email also stated: "For your convenience, if you choose, we are able to keep this information on file to be used for future purchases by simply checking the box marked "Keep on File"."

I wrote back to say that I had previously completed the shipping form and had requested that they keep it on file for future purchases. I asked them to confirm that they did, indeed, still have my instructions (which included my company's Fedex account info so that all charges could be billed directly to my Fedex account).

That was on the morning of Feb 25th. I didn't hear anything back, but I also didn't receive my shipment.

I wrote to them again yesterday and asked if they had received my previous email.

This time I got a reply. No acknowledgement that they had or hadn't received the Feb 25th email. It just said that I needed to fill out the shipping instructions form again, because my previous form was dated 2009 and a new form has to be submitted every year.

No problem. I don't mind filling out a new form. But why tell customers that they can request to have their instructions kept on file for future purchases, when in fact they are only kept on file for 12 months? :screwy:

I submitted the new form, and I asked again (politely) if they had received my Feb 25th email, and if so, why no one had responded to it. I also suggested that they revised the text accompanying their invoice to state that the shipping instructions will be kept on file FOR A PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS and that a new form will be required after that.

What a surprise... no one replied. lol

I had it happened in the past.

So what I did every week was to fill out the form, scan it, and attached it everytime.

After a few months, they asked me to stop, as they had it on file. :banana:

So what I did every week was to fill out the form, scan it, and attached it everytime.

Did you expand it to ten times it's normal size and put a pink hat on it?

Send it again.

How come your user id is faded? Yours is the only one that looks like that.

Retribution. You poke the Arch, you get a pink user name.

:o You put it into Arch? Way to MANNUP! :banana:

An email directly to Lon usually get problem solved....

No doubt. But isn't that what the customer service rep is for?

I'd just like to see some consistency in their processes... or how they communicate their processes.

Send it again.

:idea:

I've only purchased through HA the past few months. But I've found that reaching out to them online has not been productive, including filling out their credit request form for their Extended Payment Plan. Never received a response either way. But when I've called them, they've been super helpful. Extra props to service reps Deborah and Scott. (thumbs u