• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.C. OO collection books

118 posts in this topic

Its seems like you always have the answer. I will not advertise the PGX books. When I crack them out ill put some more on. I believe that its for the night as far as selling.

What is the correct way to complete sells on here?

Do I PM the people who won and go from there?

THis is my first time selling on the boards.

I guess people do it different ways, I mark the items that are sold, sold in the thread (so I don't get confused) then I send people a PM with the book in the title (so I don't get confused) with the payment info.

Nice first sales thread! Congrats!

Its seems like you always have the answer. I will not advertise the PGX books. When I crack them out ill put some more on. I believe that its for the night as far as selling.

What is the correct way to complete sells on here?

Do I PM the people who won and go from there?

THis is my first time selling on the boards.

If you plan to list more books, people usually like to wait until the end and pay all at once. However, since you offer free shipping, you could ship in waves. If you plan on this thread lasting a while, perhaps you could send invoices on Fridays and ship on Sundays. That way people know when to expect to pay and when to expect their items, and you can do all your packing in one block.

In the interest of helping the new seller (and thanks for the fantastic deals) we have a recap under the spoiler tag. By my count, the thread is a sell out to this point. But you can use the recap as a template to track your sales and build future recaps :foryou:

Page 1

Superman 100 1.8 C/OW

$100 SOLD to mldynes

Superman 133 7.5 C/OW

$90.00 SOLD to nearmint

Mystery in Space 53 4.0 C/OW

$100.00 SOLD to gmci2112

Tales of the Unexpected 40 5.0 C/OW

$100.00 SOLD to mldynes

Tales of the Unexpected 43 4.5 C/OW

$75.00 SOLD to Snake Eyes

Page 2

Jimmy Olsen 1 1.8 C/OW

$190.00 SOLD to skypinkblue

Green Lantern 2 3.0 C/OW

$50.00 SOLD to mldynes

Justice League of America 2 3.0 C/OW

$80.00 SOLD to mt1000

Action Comics 254 4.0 C/OW

$35.00 SOLD to solm4st3r

Superboy 68 4.0 C/OW

$50.00 SOLD to nearmint

Superman Annual 1 5.0 C/OW

$90.00 SOLD VIA PM to Snake Eyes

Page 3

Adventure Comics 267 6.5 C/OW

$150.00 SOLD to BrianR

Page 4

Adventure Comics 258 C/OW 7.0

$40.00 SOLD to Snake Eyes

Adventure Comics 262 4.5

$20.00 SOLD to Snake Eyes

Page 5

Adventure Comics 283 7.5 C/OW

$65.00 SOLD to BrianR

Adventure Comics 253 5.0 C/OW

$30.00 SOLD to wipple

Adventure Comics 266 6.0 C/OW

$23.00 SOLD to Nikelspot

Page 6

Adventure Comics 269 5.0 C/OW

$29.00 SOLD to Nikelspot

Adventure Comics 271 5.0 C/OW

$40.00 SOLD to Nikelspot

Page 7

Adventure Comics 268 7.5 C/OW

$50.00 SOLD to Snake Eyes

Adventure Comics 282 7.0 C/OW

$55.00 SOLD to Nikelspot

i am not in the market to buy, but I would have ben tempted to find a way to buy some of these books.

some of the prices were less than grading fees plus the shipping cost.

don't you have scans of some of your books prior to slabbing?

would it be ok to sell the book as raw, but deliver it slabbed?

Hey fellow Boardies:

Thanks so much for the purchases. If you have not paid please make arrangements to pay for your book(s). fyi, I'm getting many PMs about other books for sale. We promised (in our Silver Age thread) to sell some of the OO books to the Boards. The books you received were leftover CGC books that were not consigned out for sale.There could be other books for sale later but it will be after these auctions. We still have to ship these books out to you and go through many other books (some are already consigned), and prepare for the upcoming auctions (handled by Sparkle City), so we do not want to promise additional books yet. (thumbs u

We will keep you posted...check this thread periodically for selling updates and the main thing is to enjoy the books you just purchased from me. :)

I like a lot of these books.. and more I'm sure that will follow. But I'm rather picky about the books appearance and I can't tell much from your photographs.

Me thinks if you're going to run a six-figure type sales thread. Be wise to invest in a nice scanner. Or hell.. just buy it, use it and return it if you must.

i am not in the market to buy, but I would have ben tempted to find a way to buy some of these books.

some of the prices were less than grading fees plus the shipping cost.

don't you have scans of some of your books prior to slabbing?

would it be ok to sell the book as raw, but deliver it slabbed?

:gossip: Check the silver age forum...