• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Did they change paper-stock for issue #6 cover? I just looked at my copies again and noticed a lot of waviness to the front and back covers. Also, how would this affect the grades of the books?

half my Image comics end up like that...

Possible but this type waviness/rippling is only on this issue and each issue have varying degrees of waviness/rippling. I will post a scan or pic later when I get a chance.

He definitely was influenced heavily by Darrow and Quitely. But his own style has started to emerge, especially with this series. Check out the OA from the early issues to the most recent ones...there's an evolution that can be seen even within this short time.

From an OA collecting standpoint, everything is on the board, pencils and inks, which is becoming a rarity these days.

Here's a page I got from #8, because the gag cracks me up:

MANHATTANPROJECTS8p16.jpg

That page is awesome

Since I've been lurking here and saw showing off the OA. This is the 1 page I have from the series. and am on :cloud9: over it. The blue pencil bugged me at 1st but I am over it (if you check out my CAF I photoshopped it and posted it with the blue line removed). This is the only splash / page that has all the main characters on it so far.

Manhattan_Projects_8_20.jpg

http://cafurl.com?i=19545

I'd say the scan is pretty close to what the eye sees in real life.

No go on erasing that blue pencil. It's waxy, it'll smudge, and in all honesty, I wouldn't want to ruin it. If Nick did it, I would have been fine, but no way am I risking it.

Plus I asked a few people and they told me I was crazy to even think about it....

I personally like the blue lines. It shows the construction of the drawing. Kinda like a behind-the-scenes look. But that definitely is just a personal preference thing. Good idea on using photoshop to show it without the blue lines.

Why don't people like blue lines?

Personally? It just doesn't display as well.

Put my MP page next to some of my cleaner art on the wall and it just doesn't compare.

All that said, I think it's a sick page, and couldn't be happier with it. I think it's an A+ example from the series! And once I get a room big enough, it will be on the wall.

Why don't people like blue lines?

Personally? It just doesn't display as well.

Put my MP page next to some of my cleaner art on the wall and it just doesn't compare.

All that said, I think it's a sick page, and couldn't be happier with it. I think it's an A+ example from the series! And once I get a room big enough, it will be on the wall.

+1. I prefer art that is "finished"—no blue lines, no paste ups—but nothing wrong with that kind of stuff. This is production art, after all.