• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flaming_Telepath's London Super Comic Convention Report!!!

157 posts in this topic

Wow, quite a list. Congrats on a great show.

I find it encouraging that a comiccon in London could be so successful.

Any idea what attendance was for the show?

I notice very little GA sales in your list; is that because there weren't many

GA buyers or is it because your inventory doesn't include much GA?

Was the show mostly about US comics or was there some focus on English

and European comics?

I carry next to zero GA, hence the lack of sales. There was GA for sale, but I'll leave it to other buyers/dealers to comment on its popularity.

Attendence was over 8,000...close to capacity.

Yes, focus was heavily in favour of US comics. The show was designed to be all about US comics and their creators. :cloud9:

Finally, a list of thank yous...

To George, John and Imran...congrats on the best show these shores have seen in at least 20 years. Fantastic job, lads! (worship)

To Chris (Bane) and Gary (gaz2810i) for helping out from start of play on Friday and throughout the weekend. Cheers, maties! (worship)

To the smoke-break sentries...Garry, Gary, Romain, Chris, Rudi and more...you lot saved a man's life! :foryou:

To Rudi for the t-shirts and the logo...fantastic work and thanks for introducing us all to Andrea. You two are the best! :applause:

To Brian Ketterer for his generosity...hope to be able to return the favour in a few weeks time, mate! (thumbs u

To everybody who came by to help, chat, buy and generally loiter...thanks for making the show brilliant! :banana:

Finally, to the Comicana Girls...Fiona, Caitlin and especially Michele...couldn't have done it without you. You all fekking rock!!! :foryou:

Wow, quite a list. Congrats on a great show.

I find it encouraging that a comiccon in London could be so successful.

Any idea what attendance was for the show?

I notice very little GA sales in your list; is that because there weren't many

GA buyers or is it because your inventory doesn't include much GA?

Was the show mostly about US comics or was there some focus on English

and European comics?

I carry next to zero GA, hence the lack of sales. There was GA for sale, but I'll leave it to other buyers/dealers to comment on its popularity.

Attendence was over 8,000...close to capacity.

Yes, focus was heavily in favour of US comics. The show was designed to be all about US comics and their creators. :cloud9:

(thumbs u Thanks

I'm particularly impressed with the amount of slabs that you sold, Nick since the UK always traditionally seemed to favour raw books. :applause:

Great report Nick, I feel like I missed the event of the year. The pictures were great - DAMN I miss London :makepoint:

So pleased you did so well at the con.

Next year looks like a must - let's hope the wife removes her thumb and allows me some pocket money :facepalm:

This picture screams "Caught in flagrante delicto" :eek:

060.jpg

Who are these fine gentlemen?

Captain Redpants, aka Goldust40, aka The Mayfair Groper.

and

Ted Vanliew aka Superworld Comics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/nbeckett/London%20Super%20Comic%20Convention%202012/064.jpg

What I want to know is, who is the guy that looks a bit like me holding the CSS 22? As he clearly seems to be wearing a fat suit! :facepalm:

None of the pics taken that evening were particularly flattering. :tonofbricks:

This thread is worthless without stories of sandwiches. :sumo:

Agreed.

Don't they serve turkey in the UK?

:insane:

I wish I'd taken a photo of Chandler's face (DWC) when Chespirito handed him a cornish pasty stating it was "The UK version of a hamburger".

Utter bemusement...And it almost made up for the hour long wait in line to sub my GFT's

Back On Topic.

Great thread Nic. Glad the sales exceeded your expectations. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee: