• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel and wacky numbering

11 posts in this topic

I picked up my comic file from the LCS and saw the latest issue of Wolverine is #302. Some months ago they re-numbered to issue 300 and 301, then reverted back to regular numbering to release issue 19 and then 20. Now here we are with what should be issue 21..and it is 302 !!!

I am quite tired of this renumbering mess. DC is producing far better quality reading material in their new 52...thinking of dumping my marvel titles. I have been collecting comics for almost 40 years. Is sad.

Anyone else had it?

wow. I had no idea they were that shuffled on Wolverine. I guess you just need to consider the #19 and #20 part of the new series and the #302 part of the main series. (which is not counting the #19 and #20 in the numbering even though i'm sure that 300 number took into account a bunch of volumes of Wolverine.) You're right. This is really dumb. It's the reason that i finally gave up on uncanny x-men. I hadn't really enjoyed the run in a long while, but with the renumbering it made an easy jump off point.

I really hate the renumbering... I've dropped all of my Marvel titles (most recently Captain America) except for Daredevil due to the renumbering mess. I really wanted to drop DD as well, but it's the only comic that I *always* read, so I couldn't do it.

Totally with you though... really annoys me.

But it does make for a very nice jumping-off point...

I really hate the renumbering... I've dropped all of my Marvel titles (most recently Captain America) except for Daredevil due to the renumbering mess. I really wanted to drop DD as well, but it's the only comic that I *always* read, so I couldn't do it.

Totally with you though... really annoys me.

But it does make for a very nice jumping-off point...

Plus, the new DD series is really good.

I've never been much of a Marvel guy and right now, my Marvel reading is DD and FF now that Black Panther is done. And FF is quite lousy. A recent issue had a fight between Galactus and some other cosmic heavy hitters and the whole thing was pretty much done "off camera." Lee and Kirby would have spent several pages on it with spectacular cosmic Kirby action and bombastic Lee dialogue. The modern fight was a disappointing, anticlimactic snooze-fest.

I dropped every marvel title I was reading about seven months ago. It feels so liberating. I don't see myself ever going back. It is sad because I really do like Spidey (not currently, just in general), but it hasn't been good since the Kingpin/Civil War story line. He should have beat the Kingpin to death in that prison.

I picked up my comic file from the LCS and saw the latest issue of Wolverine is #302. Some months ago they re-numbered to issue 300 and 301, then reverted back to regular numbering to release issue 19 and then 20. Now here we are with what should be issue 21..and it is 302 !!!

I am quite tired of this renumbering mess. DC is producing far better quality reading material in their new 52...thinking of dumping my marvel titles. I have been collecting comics for almost 40 years. Is sad.

Anyone else had it?

Before I correct the above, I will state that I hate the renumbering Marvel are currently doing - the back to one is a gimmick (hence DC just did it) and pressure had forced them to go back to the old numbering (ASM and FF).

To clarify the above, the numbering for the Wolverine series are:

Wolveine 1988 - 189 issues

Wolverine 2003 - 90 issues (including Dark Wolverine issues 75 -90)

Wolverine 2010 - 20 issues

That makes 299 issues. Issues 19 and 20 of Wolverine 2010 had publishing dates of Jan and Feb 2012 respectively, while issue 300 (Wolverine 1998 numbering) had a publishing date of Mar 2012 - confused - it took me a moment to figure it out.

Cheers,

Waylander (thumbs u

i was gonna say that 300 came after 19 and 20.

Is just how my LCS gave them to me then. I got them in the order I listed.

That said, did they really need to go from #20 to issue 300? Still annoys me.