• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jobs

79 posts in this topic

Screw the naysayers. Get down with the comics. Also, sign and personally guarantee a long term lease, if at all possible.

The only kind of balls to have in the comics game are great big brass ones.

Screw the naysayers. Get down with the comics. Also, sign and personally guarantee a long term lease, if at all possible.

Glengarry Glen Ross :cloud9:

Would a down payment on a Porsche be recommended?

You know, for BSD status.

Well i see that ive been wasting my time in my current job. I guess ill stock pile a few more paychecks pull the books i want to keep and start wheeling and dealing. From what i see here, moderns get in and out quick , CGC key books and hit any sources for books to sell. Estate sales, garage sales, craigslist etc.....oh and offer cool books to the boards first. Am i missing anything?

Take some extra Vitamin E and eat some oysters so as to be able to service all the groupies.

Damn kid, yer on fire today!!!

Glengarry Glen Ross :cloud9:

NOT safe for work!

You know, for BSD status. [/

Does the Porsche come with a turkey sandwich included? :baiting:

Well i see that ive been wasting my time in my current job. I guess ill stock pile a few more paychecks pull the books i want to keep and start wheeling and dealing. From what i see here, moderns get in and out quick , CGC key books and hit any sources for books to sell. Estate sales, garage sales, craigslist etc.....oh and offer cool books to the boards first. Am i missing anything?

Good call. It's safe to say that you can make a full time job out of the valuable collections that pop up on Craigslist.

Loving the advice. Ive been wanting to actively participate on these boards since i first stumbled upon them in 2011. A little more homework and ill make a stab at it. Was someone suggesting a physical store front for back issues?? Ive always wanted to buy cheap drek and open a $1 comic book store near a highly visible grocer ( HEB here in San Antone) along with other priced back issues.I always felt that if you have a physical location perhaps someone will bring in that once in a lifetime collection. Anyone have a back issue only store or is that a dead end?

Loving the advice. Ive been wanting to actively participate on these boards since i first stumbled upon them in 2011. A little more homework and ill make a stab at it. Was someone suggesting a physical store front for back issues?? Ive always wanted to buy cheap drek and open a $1 comic book store near a highly visible grocer ( HEB here in San Antone) along with other priced back issues.I always felt that if you have a physical location perhaps someone will bring in that once in a lifetime collection. Anyone have a back issue only store or is that a dead end?

I'm not sure if you caught on, but many of the posters were being a bit facetious.

Just as a reality check, being a comic book dealer is a full time job that's a lot of hard work with no guarantees.

It's extremely competitive (read: cut throat - I've been in the same city on the other side of the country looking at a collection just before or after a dealer several times), you need capital (so that you can sit on books that don't sell) and free time to make it profitable and it takes a little while (read: years) to build a customer base.

I'm not sure if you caught on, but many of the posters were being a bit facetious.

Just as a reality check, being a comic book dealer is a full time job that's a lot of hard work with no guarantees.

It's extremely competitive (read: cut throat - I've been in the same city on the other side of the country looking at a collection just before or after a dealer several times), you need capital (so that you can sit on books that don't sell) and free time to make it profitable and it takes a little while (read: years) to build a customer base.

^^

Bedrock has a sapphire studded collar for his panther.

And a matching pinky ring (thumbs u

Panthers have pinkys?? :ohnoez:

Only when they really like you. (thumbs u

You know, for BSD status.

The way your making dough,surely you could afford one. :cool:

Take some extra Vitamin E and eat some oysters so as to be able to service all the groupies.

Don't knock it. I had all sorts of groupies when I had my shop. Female groupies no less. I considered renaming my shop to Caligula's Comics and Collectibles.