• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS THE GRADE : Winners

35 posts in this topic

Thanks to all that played. After 13 rounds we have the winners. All winners please PM your Info and I will send out your prizes.

Grand Winner: Newtsamson ---- 100

2nd Place : Bill43 ---- 98

3rd Place : Rjpb ---- 93

: XsmanX ---- 93

It was fun on my end, Till next time hi.gif

Nik

Tons 'o Fun Nikos... thumbsup2.gif..and hats off to Newt for nailin' it when it was crunch time... 893applaud-thumb.gif

insane.gif I'm just a gradin' fool. insane.gif

Who would of thought a 25 year old kid with mostly experiance in VF/NM moderns, and low to mid grade bronze to silvers could win this contest. I was the big underdog. This is like the Marlins beating the cubbies in the playoffs. smile.gif

Everything I learned about grading I learned on here by reading all the theards over the last year. So I thank all of you who influenced my grading abilities. I learned a lot from all of you. I dedicate my win to all you old school collectors. Thank you for being so kind to this new generation collector. I would also like to thank the organizers of Mega Con in Orlando Florida because this March was the first time in my life I have ever seen or held any mid to higher grade silvers it was also the first time I ever saw in person a golden age comic in my life. Most of all lets all give Nicos a big hand for giving us this great contest! 893applaud-thumb.gif

stuff.jpg

lookingaf15.jpgsuperman1.jpg

superman2.jpg

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Not too bad, considering I was grading VF material as NM about a year ago. I'm roughly .5 tougher than CGC, so I guess I need to lighten up... confused-smiley-013.gif

Congrats on the winners. Could we have final placement/standings?

Someone suggested a national team one, that could be good fun to see which country has the best graders.

Just a suggestion if we decide to do it again.

Congrats to all winners

Yes! Thanks much, Nikos!

Makes me think (should I ever be so lucky 893crossfingers-thumb.gif) to win the trivia conest that I should get the grading guide over the free CGC submission.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

thanks Nikos - it was fun. wish i'd played the other five rounds so i wouldn't have appeared so lame in the standings. nevertheless, congrats to the winners who really kicked some butt here (i think at least two of them are relative kids). 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks to all that played. After 13 rounds we have the winners. All winners please PM your Info and I will send out your prizes.

Nik

Can you post the whole final list?

I'm just wondering if I ever pulled out of my eternal 14th/15th place. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was fun !!

For a moment I thought I might win but I have no real knowledge of Golden Age comics and just winged it .

Best wishes to the winner who deserves plaudits for sticking in there .

I will certainly try again if someone wants to start another competition .

grin.gif

Nik

Congrats to Newt and to the top winners!

Nikos this was much fun thanks! I think I nailed only 2 out of 13

but at least I nailed this last one! thumbsup2.gif

So there's hope for me after all. tongue.gif

Congrats Newt - you kicked [!@#%^&^]. I've only seen 4 CGC books firsthand (all mid-grade GA), so my guesses as well were largely based on having seen a number of CGC scans on these boards. This has definetly been an entertaining and educational experience. Thanks Nik for taking the time to run this contest.

Nice job Newt! thumbsup2.gif

Nice game Nik! 893applaud-thumb.gif

superman2.jpg

Hey ... this wasn't fair, we were competing against Superman 893whatthe.gif

Doesn't he have anything better to do than use his x-ray vision on nikos' house to snag the correct grades? Must be under the influence of red kryptonite!

Congrats Newt!

Thanks Nik -- it's been a fun competition!

Congrats Newt, and like I tell the whiners, it's a lot different putting in your grade while sitting at the top, than it is when "I'm in 22nd place, but I missed three rounds".

Nerves of steel to nail it at the end. thumbsup2.gif

And for all you "I woulda won, but I missed X rounds".... Go 893censored-thumb.gif