• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

I haven't followed much on Prometheus until reading through this thread but I am really, Really, REALLY, looking forward to seeing this :headbang:
If you're a fan of the Alien movies (like me :grin: ) you should be excited to see it :whee:

For sure! I love the prequel setup with this flick. I need to spend waaay more time on the internet at work and find this stuff sooner than later :D

lol

:whee:

June 8th can't come fast enough.

Agreed. Ridley Scott movies never disappoint. The only one that came close was Kingdom of Heaven, but that's only because the studio insisted he chop 40+ minutes of storyline out of it. When I saw the Director's Cut, my opinion of the movie as a whole skyrocketed. Sadly, Orlando Bloom didn't become any better of an actor in the longer edition. lol

prometheus.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Thank you RB (worship)

Could this be a Face Hugger in it's infant form?

Or not yet evolved form?

So many unanswered questions hm

"Blacklight Cobra"

hm What if what we are seeing here is the DNA, or evolution of the creature.

All life must start from something, perhaps this is that start. The shape is less

defined, it has not yet adapted, refined itself, not yet established within its

environment. What we are seeing are the first manifestations of the Alien.

It is familiar, but truly Alien as we have come to know it.

I'm inclined to agree, a precursor of sorts... Damn Weyland Yutani, always seeming to focus on bringing something back for monetary gain, or bio-warfare. A quote from the trailer makes me think this is the case "Big things come from small beginnings".

Think of it as the Chicken + Egg scenario. There were hundreds of eggs in the cavern of the original ship, right? Where did those eggs come from? Clearly, an alien "queen" laid them. Where did the queen come from? I think you might get an answer in this movie. The scene with Dr Shaw in the surgical bed exclaiming "get/cut it out of me" might be an answer, though Vickers is a possible candidate too.

All of this leads me to believe that the "current" Aliens are a derivative of the form that will be presented in Prometheus... Does anyone remember the Space Jockey in Alien with the hole in it's chest? I'm thinking that the Prometheus version implants a Jockey with the egg, and it hatches to become the aforementioned current Aliens. The host Jockey is aware of this, activates the distress beacon, and eventually crashes the ship on LV-426, where is found along with the eggs by the Nostromo crew....

Of course this is pure speculation, and just a tiny piece of the puzzle.

hm What if what we are seeing here is the DNA, or evolution of the creature.

All life must start from something, perhaps this is that start. The shape is less

defined, it has not yet adapted, refined itself, not yet established within its

environment. What we are seeing are the first manifestations of the Alien.

It is familiar, but truly Alien as we have come to know it.

I'm inclined to agree, a precursor of sorts... Damn Weyland Yutani, always seeming to focus on bringing something back for monetary gain, or bio-warfare. A quote from the trailer makes me think this is the case "Big things come from small beginnings".

Think of it as the Chicken + Egg scenario. There were hundreds of eggs in the cavern of the original ship, right? Where did those eggs come from? Clearly, an alien "queen" laid them. Where did the queen come from? I think you might get an answer in this movie. The scene with Dr Shaw in the surgical bed exclaiming "get/cut it out of me" might be an answer, though Vickers is a possible candidate too.

All of this leads me to believe that the "current" Aliens are a derivative of the form that will be presented in Prometheus... Does anyone remember the Space Jockey in Alien with the hole in it's chest? I'm thinking that the Prometheus version implants a Jockey with the egg, and it hatches to become the aforementioned current Aliens. The host Jockey is aware of this, activates the distress beacon, and eventually crashes the ship on LV-426, where is found along with the eggs by the Nostromo crew....

Of course this is pure speculation, and just a tiny piece of the puzzle.

hm

How can a film get a R-rating for the following:

Sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.

WTF????:screwy:

To be honest, I think the original Alien would still get an "R" today. Very intense, dark movie. Not to mention the "chest burst" scene. Alien, and I suspect Prometheus, are very different movies than Aliens which is essentially an action movie.

Looking forward to Prometheus though and I tend to like anything R.Scott puts out. He's getting up there so we better enjoy his offerings while we can.

The "Event Horizon" effect.

I hope not.

That scene of Sam Neill sucking in his gut (in the beginning) while going shirtless gets me puking everytime. :sick:

lol

I hope not.

That scene of Sam Neill sucking in his gut (in the beginning) while going shirtless gets me puking everytime. :sick:

lol

lol

I hope not.

lol

:grin:

All they have to do is drop the F-bomb a few times and it'll get the R.

I don't think it will really affect the Box Office too hard. I seriously doubt they think this movie has a chance to win the summer. It will do pretty well, I think, as it has a built-in audience, but it's not going to break any records.

I don't think it will really affect the Box Office too hard. I seriously doubt they think this movie has a chance to win the summer. It will do pretty well, I think, as it has a built-in audience, but it's not going to break any records.

Agreed when they showed the Prometheus trailer before the Avengers movie most of the crowd who were in their teens and twenties were like whats this?

It will do Green Lantern box office numbers sad to say. Now that doesn`t mean it will be a bad flick just that it won`t be the biggest summer blockbuster.

True, but it should be a really great movie!

Personally, I think there's something to be said for Scott sticking to his guns to make a quality film rather than appeal to the masses for the sake of making a few bucks.

The built in audience part is bang on. There is a following for this stuff dating back over 30 years. The average viewer wants to see a quality flick by a master, not another flick that appeals to teenagers.

Not that there is anything wrong with teen flicks, but it takes a certain type of directing to make a blockbuster for the older crowd that grew up watching Aliens who will appreciate this much more than my teenage kids.