• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

I have a theory:

The deleted scene in "Alien" were Ripley see Dallas & Brett turning into eggs.

I wonder if this was how Ridley Scott wanted them to reproduce,but had to cut that scene for time and pacing issues.

He did added that scene back in the Director's Cut of "Alien".

Prometheus takes place 30 years before "Alien".

That's enough time for that alien from the Space Jockey to make eggs.

But this is just a theory hm

I have a theory:

The deleted scene in "Alien" were Ripley see Dallas & Brett turning into eggs.

I wonder if this was how Ridley Scott wanted them to reproduce,but had to cut that scene for time and pacing issues.

He did added that scene back in the Director's Cut of "Alien".

Prometheus takes place 30 years before "Alien".

That's enough time for that alien from the Space Jockey to make eggs.

But this is just a theory hm

No offense, but I hope you're wrong. That scene was better left on the cutting room floor IMHO.

Sorry if this is old news but Ridley confirmed that he would deliver two cuts of Prometheus. One that would get a PG-13 rating while the other version would be rated "R" or 18 here in the UK ages ago.

also you might want to hear this...creeps me out!

A disturbing transmission from prometheus!

Again sorry if its old news

newstillofcrew.jpg

newpicofdavid8.jpg

New featurette, posted this morning. :)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90160

Peace,

Chip

Awesome.

I love Ridley Scott at the end saying, "Of course, what I want to do is scare the living mess out of you."

I have no doubt that he will.

Officially rated R :headbang:
Ya, that's old news.

Where have you been? :baiting:

Waiting till I saw a trailer that confirmed it. Looking forward to it as Alien was the first R movie I saw in a theatre.

Well, the space jockey in Alien had a hole in its chest, so I would venture to guess this movie will end with an alien busting out of that bad boy.

At least getting infected with it :wishluck: Those eggs didn't get in his ship by themselves. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the actual "aliens" have nothing to do with the majority of the movie and only show up because of the space jockey hm

I don't understand why any of this would happen if this movie is not a prequel and merely in the same universe that Alien takes place in.

Prometheus better not suck donkey balls :P

Or I'm going to be one pissed off Alien fan :mad:

I think expectations are pretty high. And my expectations are pretty high. Of course, that often leads to disappointment. (Alien 3 and 4, The Phantom Menace, for example.)

But I think Ridley Scott has had more hits than misses over the years. And the R-rating seems like a good sign. So I think there's still plenty of reason for hope.