• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

Prometheus better not suck donkey balls :P

Or I'm going to be one pissed off Alien fan :mad:

I think expectations are pretty high. And my expectations are pretty high. Of course, that often leads to disappointment. (Alien 3 and 4, The Phantom Menace, for example.)

But I think Ridley Scott has had more hits than misses over the years. And the R-rating seems like a good sign. So I think there's still plenty of reason for hope.

Alien 3 isn't all that bad once you find out about the production problems it had :ohnoez:

I think expectations are pretty high. And my expectations are pretty high. Of course, that often leads to disappointment. (Alien 3 and 4, The Phantom Menace, for example.)

But I think Ridley Scott has had more hits than misses over the years. And the R-rating seems like a good sign. So I think there's still plenty of reason for hope.

Alien 3 isn't all that bad once you find out about the production problems it had :ohnoez:

Oh, I still think it's just as bad. You can tell me that you intended that cow turd to be apple pie...but it's still a cow turd ;)

Oh, I still think it's just as bad. You can tell me that you intended that cow turd to be apple pie...but it's still a cow turd ;)

On it's own, it is not a bad movie. As part of the Alien mythos, it is cow turd reheated.

On it's own, it is not a bad movie. As part of the Alien mythos, it is cow turd reheated.

I can't seperate it from Alien...just like I can't seperate most comicbook movies from their source material.

I can't seperate it from Alien...just like I can't seperate most comicbook movies from their source material.

I still like it for what it is.

Fox had to change writers & directors to just get it at a decent budget :ohnoez:

Out of all the directors of the Alien movies,David Fincher was to only one to not have a director's commentary in the DVD & Blu-ray releases.

A little off topic, but I was thinking about Weyland Industries this morning when I watched this.

Commercial space vehicle launch aborted

Although certainly a setback, it's encouraging that the diagnostics are advanced and the fail-safes reacted quickly.

I know I'm a complete sci-fi geek, but I believe the first steps in the privatization of space have incalculable benefit to the future of Mankind.

We live in interesting times.

This clip realy gives away some movie secrets regarding the aliens and what they look like ?

You realy have to look carfull but I think there are 3-5 different aliens types in it

No idea why they would show this on TV comercial ?

In anticipatiion of Prometheus, which will be the first movie in a decasde i'll go see in theaters, i decided to get a 60" and re-watch the Alien movies

My krappy Gnex takes really krappy pics

I put the Alien BD Special Egg Edition in there just because :P

Really looking forward to Prometheus and trying to stay spoiler free....

alien1g.jpg

alienw.jpg

How can a film get a R-rating for the following:

Sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.

WTF????:screwy:

Ok here is why it was rated R in england

-----------------------------------------------

PROMETHEUS is a science fiction horror film in which a group of people travel to a distant moon. It was classified ’15′ for strong violence, gore, threat and horror.

The film contains a number of scenes of strong violence that feature heavy blows and bloody detail. For example, in one scene a character’s arm is broken, revealing blood and bone, and in another scene a character’s head is smashed against the floor, resulting in a large spurt of blood. This emphasis on bloody detail exceeds the terms of the BBFC’s Guidelines at ’12A’/’12′ and is more appropriately classified at ’15′ where the Guidelines state ‘Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury’. There are also some scenes featuring gory detail, both when dead bodies are seen and when people are injured. One scene features some gory surgical detail that exceeds the type of ‘occasional gory moments’ that may be permitted at ’12A’.

The Guidelines at ’12A’/’12′ also state ‘Moderate physical and psychological threat may be permitted, provided disturbing sequences are not frequent or sustained’. The second half of the film in particular features a sense of threat towards the central characters that is both frequent and sustained.

PROMETHEUS also includes one use of strong language and one implied use of strong language, when a remark is broken up by static. It also includes some undetailed verbal sex references and a brief scene in which a couple start to have sex, without any nudity or other detail.

-------------------------------- doh!

A little off topic, but I was thinking about Weyland Industries this morning when I watched this.

Commercial space vehicle launch aborted

Although certainly a setback, it's encouraging that the diagnostics are advanced and the fail-safes reacted quickly.

I know I'm a complete sci-fi geek, but I believe the first steps in the privatization of space have incalculable benefit to the future of Mankind.

We live in interesting times.

Ashes of 'Star Trek' actor on private rocket