• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

You have to know they are siting on a director cut and a pg cut to sell to us all on vhs ?

What we realy need is a continuation from the last predator movie ?

The last VHS movie (made to sell for that market) was sold in 2005. lol

But, I know what you mean.

Still haven't watched that Predators movie.

Its worth watching once. They use the same formula and soundtrack from the original. Watching Adrien Brody rocking that AA-12 shotgun was pretty cool. It was better than the AVP flicks (I know, that's not saying much).

That's good to know lol
Gonna make it my Friday Night movie :) . I was actually thinking about the original last Saturday, when I watched A Lonely Place To Die (that and Cliffhanger). Like you said, It can't be any worse than the AVP series. :sick:

You have to know they are siting on a director cut and a pg cut to sell to us all on vhs ?

What we realy need is a continuation from the last predator movie ?

The last VHS movie (made to sell for that market) was sold in 2005. lol

But, I know what you mean.

Still haven't watched that Predators movie.

Its worth watching once. They use the same formula and soundtrack from the original. Watching Adrien Brody rocking that AA-12 shotgun was pretty cool. It was better than the AVP flicks (I know, that's not saying much).

That's good to know lol
Gonna make it my Friday Night movie :) . I was actually thinking about the original last Saturday, when I watched A Lonely Place To Die (that and Cliffhanger). Like you said, It can't be any worse than the AVP series. :sick:
AVP:R is by far the worst of the AVP movies :sick::sick:

On my VHS copy of that movie, this entire scene was completely worn out so badly that you couldn't see it anymore.

Good times. Good times. :cloud9:

Wait. Why?

On my VHS copy of that movie, this entire scene was completely worn out so badly that you couldn't see it anymore.

Good times. Good times. :cloud9:

My father's favorite part too. :cloud9:

Then how did you get here? :makepoint:

From Wikipedia:

In the United Kingdom the film will be officially released on June 1, 2012 and will open in IMAX with midnight screenings beginning May 31, 2012. 18,827 tickets were pre-sold for the London IMAX, the largest IMAX screen in the country, breaking the theater records for the highest grossing week of pre-sales with £293,312 ($474,687), and the highest grossing first day of pre-sales with £137,000 ($221,717), exceeding the performance of other high-profile IMAX releases including The Dark Knight and Avatar.

Looks like the R-rating or what rating system they have isn't hurting the film (which is good)

Even though it's in the U.K.,this is still good news.

So is Prometheus based on the Predators stories? Sorry, not familiar with it.
No.

It's some what a prequel to the Alien films.

Will there be any Aliens in this movie?

I could see a lot of people being disappointed if there are no Aliens in this movie,after all I thought Scott keeps saying this is not an Alien prequel movie.

What have you been hearing?

Is Prometheus a Alien prequel?

No.

I could see a lot of people being disappointed if there are no Aliens in this movie,after all Scott keeps saying this is not an Alien movie.

While he said there's not going to be any of the Aliens we know,it is part of the Alien universe.

We will see "strands of Alien DNA" in the movie.

Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.

No.

I could see a lot of people being disappointed if there are no Aliens in this movie,after all Scott keeps saying this is not an Alien movie.

While he said there's not going to be any of the Aliens we know,it is part of the Alien universe.

It sounds like it will be a great movie, but we both know that we will be hearing fanboys complain if no Aliens show up in this flick. lol

No.

It sounds like it will be a great movie, but we both know that we will be hearing fanboys complain if no Aliens show up in this flick. lol

I kind of like the idea of not seeing the actual Aliens.

I mean Fox beat them like a dead horse after the AVP movies :P

No.

Good point! :)

No.

Good point! :)

:grin:

I don't want them in movie by force.

Well, the space jockey in Alien had a hole in its chest, so I would venture to guess this movie will end with an alien busting out of that bad boy.

At least getting infected with it :wishluck: Those eggs didn't get in his ship by themselves. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the actual "aliens" have nothing to do with the majority of the movie and only show up because of the space jockey hm