• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you want your brain to implode and make you feebleminded...then

55 posts in this topic

go to this site

http://htwins.net/scale2/

That is way cool! Thanks for the link!

We understand so much more about the nature of reality, than we did just a few short years ago. The universe just gets larger and larger the further technology advances. The microscopic world seems to follow suit in many ways.

Microverse/Macroverse theory is compelling and seems to be a real possibility. , But as our understanding of the Universe expands, we begin to realize how little we truly know. All preconceived notions of what is and is not possible, in my mind should be thrown out the window when you consider our insignifacance, compared to the universe, and our infintesimal understanding of reality.

We dont even understand ourselves, why we are here, were we are going.

How can we even hope to ever truly understand what is out there?

My chance to post a favorite concept: Pascalian terror. I've suffered with a horrible dread of the infinite since childhood.

There are several EC sci-fi stories that use this concept - the first guys into space go crazy when they see the expanse of the universe.

Didn't Harvey Kurtzman already think of this?

The first EC story I ever read. :cloud9: Based on an earlier SF story called 'He Who Shrank'.

Good to give credit where due. I think this was the first EC sci-fi story.

It's the first story from the first issue of Weird Science.  Loved Kurtzman's art on this title.

And then there's another classic example, Lee and Ditko's Tim Boo Ba, from Amazing Adult Fantasy 9.  

Just been reading that one in the Omnibus Edition I picked up at the London con.

Classic imploding brain thread.

Its a great thread. Probably a little too heady for the standard pedestrian fare here in CG.

All the big thinkers are over in the WC

*sniff*

this always gets me thinking about time and how its so hard to fathom. you think of everything that has happened in the last hundred then the hundred before that and so on and so on all the way back billions of years.