• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Sweet 16

85 posts in this topic

:gossip: By the way, my name is misspelled again, as is Zuckuss in the tourney chart.

Grades will be sent later today.

It wouldn't fit so I had to shorten it. (shrug)

Next year I'll put you in a Western bracket with all the long names. :insane:

Check out the General site for the Prize list so far. The good thing is it appears that all Sweet 16 survivors will get to pick something plus a few who didn't make the Sweet 16!

I don't think everyone should get a prize - this isn't a Waldorf school. :baiting: I think only the top 4 finishers should get all of the prizes, like we used to do in Nik's contest.

It works something like this: 1st - 4th get 1 pick, then 1st - 3rd get 1 pick, then 1st - 2nd get 1 pick; then 1st gets 1 pick. Repeat until finished.

Check out the General site for the Prize list so far. The good thing is it appears that all Sweet 16 survivors will get to pick something plus a few who didn't make the Sweet 16!

I don't think everyone should get a prize - this isn't a Waldorf school. :baiting: I think only the top 4 finishers should get all of the prizes, like we used to do in Nik's contest.

It works something like this: 1st - 4th get 1 pick, then 1st - 3rd get 1 pick, then 1st - 2nd get 1 pick; then 1st gets 1 pick. Repeat until finished.

Hey now! :sumo:

I thought you lived in California.

I'll tell you what I think of this idea tomorrow.....

You're starting to remind me of JC :o He also had his own contest ideas about everything... :insane:

This is Tom's contest afterall... :foryou:

I thought you lived in California.

We're not all hippy-dippy, peace and love, y'know :insane:lol

This is Tom's contest after all... :foryou:

Yes, of course it is, but why have a contest if everyone wins? hm

I like seeing my name in lights as much as the next guy, but if there's payola involved . . . belly up to the bar :insane:

Good luck Ark. I waffled more this round than the first 3 rounds so I am :eek::sick::P:tonofbricks::boo:doh!:pullhair: about this submission.

me too :ohnoez:

i even gave 2 of the books the same grade. hoping i was right on at least one. but maybe they ARE the same grade (shrug)

This is Tom's contest after all... :foryou:

Yes, of course it is, but why have a contest if everyone wins? hm

I like seeing my name in lights as much as the next guy, but if there's payola involved . . . belly up to the bar :insane:

Winner should take all... If I'm the winner that is. :insane:

I'll tell you what I think of this idea tomorrow.....

You're starting to remind me of JC :o He also had his own contest ideas about everything... :insane:

This is Tom's contest afterall... :foryou:

It's Nostalgic Attic's call. We did give away plenty 2 years ago as I got a CGC Daredevil and I was in the 20's, not the Sweet 16. There was some confusion on my end so I can't guarentee it is what I mentioned. Sorry if I confused anyone. (Oh, and I like spreading the wealth if it was my choice. 1st pick get's the best prize for them, 2nd place next, etc.)

We've had some problems around here with phone and data service due to a storm in our area, ( any time it rains, things go haywire here in Socal) so It took me a while to retrieve all the grades.

:juggle:....tallying........ :juggle:

As far as prizes, I need to check into the thread and see where we are at. I have a couple discretionary prizes that are deserved......