• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Wolverine Edition

313 posts in this topic

the finch is too bulky? are we talking about sketches of wolverine the comic book character or sketches of hugh jackman the star who plays wolverine in the movie?

i mean if we are talking about sketches of jackman then yeah he is too bulky. if we are talking about the comic book character from marvels xmen comics who is 5'3" 195 lbs without the adamantium i would say he is spot on.

in thirty days people can challenge that painted finch and i wish them luck. until then long live the king. :sumo:

the finch is too bulky?

in thirty days people can challenge that painted finch and i wish them luck. until then long live the king. :sumo:

lol thanks everybody for the compliments. Of course I hope to win but in any case there are some fantastic Wolverines up in here :o

As for being bulky, he is 'roided out for sure. But literally the slab itself seems bulky in terms of weight. With all that paint it weighs like twice what a normal slab weighs lol

The back is covered with paint splatter, the pages have paint on them and there are some fingerprints as Finch did his thing, hence the 5.0.

I tried to get some insight on the piece from David at Megacon, but he was just so swamped we never got to really "discuss" it. He just basically said he had fun with it and liked the way it turned out.

Yes there is another painted Finch out there, the Hulk. Wish I could own that one as well but it has a good home for now :baiting:

Not sure who the owner of this is, or even who the artist is, but I always thought it was awesome!

353cw7m.jpg

Not sure who the owner of this is, or even who the artist is, but I always thought it was awesome!

353cw7m.jpg

The artist is Chris Bachalo. I love that piece too! I think that one was owned by a boardie but has since been auctioned and if I remember correctly is not slabbed.

:cool:

forgot about this one

yes that's my opinion of the finch wolvie

hell this one is a better represation of wolverine then the finch imo

i'll vote like i did with the doom sketches, the one that seem's to give off the pressense of wolverine more then the ohh and ahh of the sketch

do i think the finch sketch is bad , hell ya i do......do i think it has the pressense or gives off the felling of who wolverine is, no i don't it just doesn't scream Wolverine

Unfortunately my favorite Wolvie's that I own are not slabbed. I know it is doomed to failure based on the Finch comments, but I'll throw my Mico Suayan in the ring as I think it's my best/most representative of Wolvie sketch that is slabbed...

SuayanWolvie.jpg