• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mazzucchelli's Daredevil Born Again Artist's Edition Pre-Order

37 posts in this topic

Hello All,

David Mazzucchelli's Daredevil Born Again: Artist's Edition will be approved to print shortly. Anyone who would like to get a copy can pre-order it through their local comic book shop or directly from IDW Publishing. Here's the link to our on-line store:

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/david-mazzucchelli-daredevil-born-again-artists-edition-pre-order.html

All the best,

Scott

Are these the same books like Romita and Simonson with Sketches?

This one I can answer (since I asked him this previously and he answered), and I hope Scott doesn't mind me stealing his thunder.

This is just the regular edition. There will not be a sketch edition, although there will be a signed edition for a con later.

Sorry if I got anythign wrong Scott!

Malvin

Are these the same books like Romita and Simonson with Sketches?

This one I can answer (since I asked him this previously and he answered), and I hope Scott doesn't mind me stealing his thunder.

This is just the regular edition. There will not be a sketch edition, although there will be a signed edition for a con later.

Sorry if I got anythign wrong Scott!

Malvin

You got it right, Mal, thanks.

Price has changed, maybe that's why he asked.

Collecting the entire storyline of Born Again, this book will feature the complete issues of Daredevil numbers 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 and 233, plus covers and extras. Each page was personally scanned by Mazzucchelli from his own original art. This is the largest Artist's Edition yet, weighing in at a rock solid 200 pages of beautiful Mazzucchelli art in the way you've always wanted to see it—the next bet thing to holding the actual original art!

HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 200 Pages • 12” x 17” • ISBN: 978-1-61377-238-6

Source: IDW's May Solicitations

Price has changed, maybe that's why he asked.

Collecting the entire storyline of Born Again, this book will feature the complete issues of Daredevil numbers 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 and 233, plus covers and extras. Each page was personally scanned by Mazzucchelli from his own original art. This is the largest Artist's Edition yet, weighing in at a rock solid 200 pages of beautiful Mazzucchelli art in the way you've always wanted to see it—the next bet thing to holding the actual original art!

HC • BW • $95.00 net discount item • 200 Pages • 12” x 17” • ISBN: 978-1-61377-238-6

Source: IDW's May Solicitations

To clarify, the price has not changed. $95 is the NET price that retailers pay for the book, the suggested cover price is $125 (which is what IDW sells it for).

Best,

Scott

There will be a convention edition, details will be released late next week.

The regular edition will hit comic shops either June 20th or 27th. Sorry for not having a firm date, I'll find out on Monday and post it.

While you're at it...can you check when the 2nd print of the Wally Wood book is going out ? (website says available in late May to early June 2012.)

thanks.

Hey, Scott

Any news on the Woody reprint edition?

I've had an order with Forbidden Planet (UK) for the past few months.

Any ideas when it's likely to ship, thanks?

It's been delayed until early July. Same issues that caused the first printing to run late. But it will be out early next month.

How was the Born Again book created? The originals from these books were sold years ago. Was the book assembled from stats that Mazzucchelli has?

Mazzucchelli did sell two issues of the series but retained the other five. Of the two he sold, David made great scans of the pages, full size and in color, that fully met our standards. Additionally, he scanned the other five books—so what you will see is what David scanned and supplied to us.

One last thing: David has received a copy of the book and is very happy with the final results... which obviously makes me very happy.

How was the Born Again book created? The originals from these books were sold years ago. Was the book assembled from stats that Mazzucchelli has?

Mazzucchelli did sell two issues of the series but retained the other five. Of the two he sold, David made great scans of the pages, full size and in color, that fully met our standards. Additionally, he scanned the other five books—so what you will see is what David scanned and supplied to us.

Thanks for the info!