• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrestling - WWE/TNA/ROH/NJPW

82 posts in this topic

So, did Cena beat the Rock? How about a recap of that match?

Best match is a toss up: Undertaker vs. Mankind Steel Cage Match or Sean Michaels vs Razor Ramon Ladder Match.

And no one could just walk of the street and do a DDT on someone with the other person or themselves getting hurt..

if your logic was sound you are saying that gymnasts etc are not atheletes as well..

there is timing, skill,endurance, and atheletic ability involved..

and just look up the dead wrestler index to see how many have died in the ring or from ring related injuries..

not many people die from ballet or rhythmic dance..gymnasts have more injures and deaths than them but wrestling is a very dangerous sport..sport..

So, did Cena beat the Rock? How about a recap of that match?

Best match is a toss up: Undertaker vs. Mankind Steel Cage Match or Sean Michaels vs Razor Ramon Ladder Match.

Best match was Savage/Steamboat :sumo:

I'm showing my age when I say this but I remember seeing Buddy Roberts and Iceman Parsons in a "hair" match that resulted in Roberts subsequently wearing a wig held to his head by a boxing helmet.

Texas wrestling was the schizz back in the day, but then I grew up to the wise old age of 12 and realized watching guys rolls around on each other wearing speedos was not something I wanted to see.

I have to agree with the Mankind Undertaker steel cage match being hands down the best bloodiest ever..

but dang I cannot remember which match was it where Mankind ttok like 27 chair shots..that was freaking awesome as well..

before I met my husband it took me damn near forever to find a man who enjoyed the combinations of comic books,hoarding,wrassling and cage fighting..

thought I'd never find my dream guy haha

I admit I pretty much stopped watching WWE when they took the "days of our lives turn" and started trying to market themselves as a soap opera..

a lot of their marketing techniques /kay fab devices are just plain shameful and stupid..and because the higher ups are so old fashioned they take out good people with promise to bring back old timers who just cannot convincingly carry a match anymore

Enjoy the wrasslin talk folks..I am on my way to get an MRI..

funny thing I know I have a broken shoulder but my torn rotator cuff etc all the injuries which seemingly occured for NO reason (the broken shoulder was a fall so that is plain) anyway..this thread reminded me it's the same shoulder I tore wrestling and the same side I broke my collar bone on 20+ years ago.

I know a lot of the injuries I get now are from activities I participated in when I was younger ..broken legs/ankles/arms from other sports/performing and whatnot..

but sometimes I forget the list of them and when I tear a rotator cuff reaching for the salt shaker or break a vertabrea wiping down the kitchen table..I wonder if it is all tied back to the area being weakened from a prior break /tear..hmm

I used to watch it back in middle school. I guess that was the hey day of the WWF or whatever its called now. I can remember Junk yard dog, the Iron sheik, that big Russian guy. only went to one live show and I guess it was just before wrestlemania and they had Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant in a steel cage which I thought was strange as that was the main vent in that wrestlemania.

im quite shocked they billed the rock to beat cena. Clearly the rock is better but i wouldve bet my money they would book cena to win in the main event

Not in the Rocks Home town

The Rock showing the world why he is one of the best ever tonight on RAW. That guy is such a great talker, he holds the audience in his hands. I was at the raw back in November in Boston, when he first came back to promote Survivor Series. I was lucky enough to have scored floor seats next to the ramp they walk down to get to the ring. The garden exploded like I have only ever heard it for a championship win when he came out. The guy is one of the best performers EVER!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with the Mankind Undertaker steel cage match being hands down the best bloodiest ever..

but dang I cannot remember which match was it where Mankind ttok like 27 chair shots..that was freaking awesome as well..

before I met my husband it took me damn near forever to find a man who enjoyed the combinations of comic books,hoarding,wrassling and cage fighting..

Rock vs Mankind.

He handcuffed him and took chair shot after chair shot to the head (wrestlers are fined for this now).

I think you should see Mick foley vs Terry Funk on a C4 barbed wire match in Japan. It's not for the easily impressionable but It doesn't seem you'll have a problem with that. :applause:

The Rock showing the world why he is one of the best ever tonight on RAW. That guy is such a great talker, he holds the audience in his hands. I was at the raw back in November in Boston, when he first came back to promote Survivor Series. I was lucky enough to have scored floor seats next to the ramp they walk down to get to the ring. The garden exploded like I have only ever heard it for a championship win when he came out. The guy is one of the best performers EVER!!!!!!!!!

I agree. He's technically a terrible wrestler. But, he's got the charisma that nobody since Hogan had. I think he's great.

I agree. He's technically a terrible wrestler. But, he's got the charisma that nobody since Hogan had. I think he's great.

"You thinking what I'm thinking partner?" "Aim for the bushes!!!"

Rock vs Mankind.

He handcuffed him and took chair shot after chair shot to the head (wrestlers are fined for this now).

I think you should see Mick foley vs Terry Funk on a C4 barbed wire match in Japan. It's not for the easily impressionable but It doesn't seem you'll have a problem with that. :applause:

are you talking about the king of the death match tournament?