• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - October 20-21, 2012

133 posts in this topic

We are constantly working on bringing in quality creators and talent. It is not easy though. It is actually very difficult and very expensive. Considering the admittance fee is only $10 per person (and kids being free) and dealer tables are only $125 each, we bring in some great names.

My eyes have been opened in my time operating this convention as I have been the one contacting talent. Many creators are currently working, have deadlines and other conventions that they may be attending. Often times they just need time to work on the books that they are obligated. It is very common for media guests to charge $10,000 appearance fees + expenses, and it is not uncommon for that figure to be $20,000-$50,000 + a multitude of expenses. San Diego and New York can afford to do this with 100,000 attendees at probably $30 each and booths going for $1,000-$5,000.

This convention has grown by leaps and bounds in a very short time and will continue to do so, but please be aware that of the income vs expense relationship. :)

I'm well aware of this, I was inferring more to the wealth of local comic talent that lives in the greater Tampa Bay area. Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jim Cheung, Brandon Peterson, Mike Perkins, Paul Pelletier, Morry Hollowell, Chuck Dixon, and others. You'd like to think local creators would love to help out the community and support a local show.

We are constantly working on bringing in quality creators and talent. It is not easy though. It is actually very difficult and very expensive. Considering the admittance fee is only $10 per person (and kids being free) and dealer tables are only $125 each, we bring in some great names.

My eyes have been opened in my time operating this convention as I have been the one contacting talent. Many creators are currently working, have deadlines and other conventions that they may be attending. Often times they just need time to work on the books that they are obligated. It is very common for media guests to charge $10,000 appearance fees + expenses, and it is not uncommon for that figure to be $20,000-$50,000 + a multitude of expenses. San Diego and New York can afford to do this with 100,000 attendees at probably $30 each and booths going for $1,000-$5,000.

This convention has grown by leaps and bounds in a very short time and will continue to do so, but please be aware that of the income vs expense relationship. :)

I'm well aware of this, I was inferring more to the wealth of local comic talent that lives in the greater Tampa Bay area. Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jim Cheung, Brandon Peterson, Mike Perkins, Paul Pelletier, Morry Hollowell, Chuck Dixon, and others. You'd like to think local creators would love to help out the community and support a local show.

Tony,

Perkins was there at the March show . He even did the print that was given out. :)

:news::news: ** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ** :news::news:

I have just purchased a table for the October show and plan on bringing 2,000+ High grade Silver, Bronze and Copper books, most from two large collections I picked up this year. I doubt I'll even have the room for slabs, so I'm sticking with good ole fashioned nekked comics this time around. In addition to the "Price as Marked" selection (which will likely have some discounting going on, and will be alphabetically organized), I will have several longboxes of $5 high grade books....most of these will unread books in the $10-$25 Guide range that I'll be looking to blowout.

In short, if you like high grade books, it might be worth your while to come check me out at the show.

I have just purchased a table for the October show

I'll be looking to blowout.

it might be worth your while to come check me out at the show.

Oh my! :o

I have just purchased a table for the October show

I'll be looking to blowout.

it might be worth your while to come check me out at the show.

Oh my! :o

Well, I still have a show. Though time will tell if I have any inventory left by then. :wishluck: