• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger Club

313 posts in this topic

I've always found everything I've read by Hickman (a decent amount) to be enjoyable, but unfulfilling in the end. For that reason, I always tell myself that I'm not going to buy anything he writes, but I always end up buying it and always feel the same. So that's my fault. doh!

I've done that before, with various properties. You say 'I'm not buying this :censored: anymore...', but then, you turn around and do it... lol:facepalm:

Danger Club, I only read once, but it felt like it was all over the place and the story didn't stick with me at all. I think I was a bit turned off by the art because I tend to dislike anything with a manga tinge to it at all.

I detest manga-esque art usually, but surprisingly didn't mind it in this book.

There's not many new books I'm liking right now really. I was a bit underwhelmed with MtG #1 when I fully expected to love it after reading the preview. Saga is the only new book that I'm 100% behind. No Place Like Home, X-O Manowar and Saucer Country have my attention as well.

Saucer is interesting, to say the least. Too early to say with MtG - VERY hard to get a feel from that first issue.

If you listen to fans of Nonplayer then 8 months between the 1st and 2nd issue is accepptable. lol I hope that it's a sign that the book is going to take a turn that will permit it to run as a longer series even if it's a 20, 40 or 60 issue limited series like Fatale or Chew or other books that have finite endings planned.

I imagine that the superboy character is going to come back and that the conflict b/w him and kid v. will be the subject of a continuing series and that the alien/cosmic threat will be the subject matter of the rest of the 1st arc and/or limited series but I have no evidence of that ... based on kid v.'s bloody mug on the cover of issue 3 there is certainly evidence that the superboy character comes back and kicks the out of kid v.

I imagine that the superboy character is going to come back and that the conflict b/w him and kid v. will be the subject of a continuing series and that the alien/cosmic threat will be the subject matter of the rest of the 1st arc and/or limited series but I have no evidence of that ... based on kid v.'s bloody mug on the cover of issue 3 there is certainly evidence that the superboy character comes back and kicks the out of kid v.

Right, because no one else could possible bust up Kid V's face since he has no super-strength of any kind. :facepalm:

As evidence of this, you should point out the fact that only the Joker has ever bloodied up Batman's face.

Do you put any logic or reason or thought into your posts, or do you just blindly hit the keys hoping to form words?

but I have no evidence of that ...

Only truth in your post, and something that could be said about all of your posts. I suggest you make this your signature.

We'll see what happens, but as a matter of story telling the writer is most likely going to keep the number of key characters small to make them memorable. The better question is why you are having such an emotional reaction to me speculating about plot developments when you are free to postulate yourself about how the story will unfold. Relax man, you're going to have a stroke. Geez.

This book is awesome. :applause: The only reason that it isn't my favorite new comic is that it appears that it is a limited series although it hasn't been referenced as such in some time.

Would someone PLEASE tell me where I can buy original art. I would be incredibly appreciative and owe whomever points me in the righ direction a big favor.

The most recent issue was great. I can't wait to see how the various plot lines are going to shake out. Why isn't anyone else talking or thinking about this book as much as me? Are there other Danger Club fanatics out there? If so, please show yourself and let's get this series to become an ongoing title. I want more Danger Club in my life! I am convinced that if enough people are exposed to this book it will be the sleeper hit of 2011 and that sales will go through the roof. Does anyone have any observations they want to share about the direciton of the plot or comment on how cool the initial page of each book and the covers are? Did I mention I'm obsessed with this book. It is great! (thumbs u

Try contacting the artist on Twitter. This was his response to someone's request for art pages -

"Eric Jones ‏@CartoonJones

Looking to buy original DANGER CLUB art? I'm REALLY busy making more of it right now, but I promise I'll get back to all inquiries soon!"

This book is awesome. :applause: The only reason that it isn't my favorite new comic is that it appears that it is a limited series although it hasn't been referenced as such in some time.

Would someone PLEASE tell me where I can buy original art. I would be incredibly appreciative and owe whomever points me in the righ direction a big favor.

The most recent issue was great. I can't wait to see how the various plot lines are going to shake out. Why isn't anyone else talking or thinking about this book as much as me? Are there other Danger Club fanatics out there? If so, please show yourself and let's get this series to become an ongoing title. I want more Danger Club in my life! I am convinced that if enough people are exposed to this book it will be the sleeper hit of 2011 and that sales will go through the roof. Does anyone have any observations they want to share about the direciton of the plot or comment on how cool the initial page of each book and the covers are? Did I mention I'm obsessed with this book. It is great! (thumbs u

Did you just get your hands on 25 NM/M copies of #1?