• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger Club

313 posts in this topic

According to someone claiming to be Landry, the series will be 8 issues .

Check out the comments section beneath this (scathing) review of issue 3.

http://playeraffinity.com/comics/comic-reviews/danger-club-3-review.html

Speaking of issue 3, finally got to read it today....question:

Do you think the heroes are still alive? I couldn't really tell if the old man was telling the truth.... I'll be disappointed if they are because I loved the premise that they were dead or, at the very least, missing with no hope of ever being seen again...

According to someone claiming to be Landry, the series will be 8 issues .

Check out the comments section beneath this (scathing) review of issue 3.

http://playeraffinity.com/comics/comic-reviews/danger-club-3-review.html

Speaking of issue 3, finally got to read it today....question:

Do you think the heroes are still alive? I couldn't really tell if the old man was telling the truth.... I'll be disappointed if they are because I loved the premise that they were dead or, at the very least, missing with no hope of ever being seen again...

If they are and we get a new ongoing that features the survivors some supes and some sidekicks, I'd be ok with that. I'm just fearful that this thing is going to end after 8 and that we are going to get the 4 additional issue arc that was mentioned as a potential project and nothing more. There are some real amazing potential stories that could be told for years and years with these characters. JMHO

They are on a 6-week schedule. They are not late...they just aren't monthly.

That's cool ... I can live with that ... for some reason it feels like there's been more time in between issues than that which must just be my own impatience b/c I really like this book. Thanks for the info!

Hi. I'm the writer of Danger Club. I posted the below news today about the schedule. Thought I should check here and let people know about the deadline issue with #4:

http://landrywalker.blogspot.com/2012/08/danger-club-4-running-late-and-heres-why.html

Hello, comic-book-reading people.

So you might have noticed that the new issue of Danger Club is late. If you haven’t noticed, then pretend I never said anything and go about your business. For the rest of you, here’s the deal:

Several weeks ago two of colorist Michael (Rusty) Drake’s kids were hit by a truck while riding their bikes home from the store. The short version is that they are both okay. The longer version is that Rusty’s son suffered a brain contusion and his daughter an injured ankle. This meant several days of stress and uncertainty. Things are better now, and both kids are home from the hospital and receiving continued treatment.

The upshot here is that the latest issue of Danger Club is now running late. Though we hoped to catch up, life has a way of putting things on hold and we’re unwilling to replace any member of our team under such circumstances. Please rest assured that the book is well underway, and that it will be out soon. Also please understand that this does slip into our next issue's schedule and so on; a domino effect that means the next couple issues will likely also be on the late side while we rush to play catch-up.

Our apologies for the delay.

Landry Q. Walker

Our thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family. Although this is probably not the right time, at some point in the future, please encourage him to seek advice from a trial lawyer. In the vast majority of states children are able to collect from auto insurance policies even if there is a finding that there was no negligent behavior on the driver's part (it depends on the age of the child). If he wants me to refer him to someone in his state, please let me know as I have friends and contacts across the country. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm certain that many will send letters of sympathy and concern and all share my concern & will pray for a speedy recovery.

George

George N. Sidiropolis

Sidiropolis Law

506 Marshall Street

McMechen, WV 26040

Cell: (304) 281-4070

Several weeks ago two of colorist Michael (Rusty) Drake’s kids were hit by a truck while riding their bikes home from the store. The short version is that they are both okay. The longer version is that Rusty’s son suffered a brain contusion and his daughter an injured ankle. This meant several days of stress and uncertainty. Things are better now, and both kids are home from the hospital and receiving continued treatment.

Best wishes for the kids, and hopefully a speedy recovery. :wishluck: