• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW your Larson Copies!
6 6

611 posts in this topic

That Pep is dreamy! :cloud9:

It sure is - bought the Pep 13 last year at SDCC.

I like Larson Peps very much... :whistle:

You were very lucky to find an unattached Pep. I hear their owners are usually reluctant to let them go. :shy:

That Pep is dreamy! :cloud9:

It sure is - bought the Pep 13 last year at SDCC.

I like Larson Peps very much... :whistle:

And you have an uncanny ability to sniff them out, even when they aren't identified as such by the seller. (worship)

Thanks for that, Peter - I do feel that integrity has to be a two-way street between collectors and dealers, and fortunately after I ID'd pedigree books they have not adjusted prices skyward when I showed a purchase interest.

Hey, at least I got one of those Land of the Lost EC's that I ID'd as the Church run before they 'disappeared'. lol

Just scanned my most recent arrival, National 1. It's my first and only Larson book. I love the deepness of the colors. It's a shame the Larson name has been partially erased, though.

NationalComics1CGCF65-1.jpg

Very common for the name to be erased on Larsons, Todd.

Congrat's on joining the Club!

I wonder if there was one person mostly responsible for all those Larson erasures or if it was done by many through those earlier years?

I doubt any Larson names have been erased in the last 12-15 years.

Would anyone ever admit to erasing pedigree markings?

I have seen only a handful of Church books or SF books with erasures, certainly far more Larson erasures than on any other pedigree.

The Church Action Comics #57 & 65 come to mind. Both had the code erased.

I wonder if there was one person mostly responsible for all those Larson erasures or if it was done by many through those earlier years?

Going back far in time, I've heard several times that Mark Wilson and Calvin Slobodian didn't like the writing on the Larsons. Take that for what it's worth.

Didn't someone erase the name on MMC 9 in the last few years to hide a smush & resub?

Yes - a greed-driven act because the book was a PLOD Larson and ended up a Blue erasure after manipulation.

Going back far in time, I've heard several times that Mark Wilson and Calvin Slobodian didn't like the writing on the Larsons. Take that for what it's worth.

Heard it as to Calvin....

Just scanned my most recent arrival, National 1. It's my first and only Larson book. I love the deepness of the colors. It's a shame the Larson name has been partially erased, though.

:applause:

:applause:

Indeed. It is a wonderful book