• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW your Larson Copies!
6 6

611 posts in this topic

Wonderful thread!!!

It's a treat being able to see so many scans from the collection.

My only Larson came from sacentaur, who sold it in a moment of weakness.

Pep3.jpg

124649.jpg

Here are some larson Peps...#19 is not on the list....jb

:takeit:

Just... WOW, Steve.

Looking forward to that third shot!!!

Thnx Ryan - but I don't quite have another 25 new additions for a third group shot. Believe me, I'm lookin'...

Unlike Jon, I don't collect the strip reprint books so I've passed on a lot of Larsons over the years. Tried to stay focused on the "good stuff".

I have also moved some Larsons when opportunity arises. For example, my local buddy got the Larson Wonderworld 8 (it's just killer!) from me when I obtained the Nova Scotia copy. JB has some of my former copies, as well (dibs, dibs!).

Can I squeeze one in... because one is all I have. But, this is definitely one of my favorite books. What a great cover!

One of my latest Larsons (sorry, no scan) is Crackajack Funnies 32 (first Owl Girl) - it's in killer condition, pretty cool book.

Stephen Ritter had a Larson Crackajack at SDCC some years ago, but when we went to pull the book, it was gone (stolen). It was a number in the 30's, I honestly can't recall what number it was. He did file a report. Don't know if it was ever recovered or not.

Crackajack is not the most popular title obviously, but I do like the Frank Thomas stories. :cloud9:

Stephen Ritter had a Larson Crackajack at SDCC some years ago, but when we went to pull the book, it was gone (stolen). It was a number in the 30's, I honestly can't recall what number it was. He did file a report. Don't know if it was ever recovered or not.

i believe my larson was the stolen book, but i bought it from steve after it was recovered. i can't remember exactly how the story went?

it's pretty dumb to steal such an easily identifiable book.

I recall now - the thief took the Larson Crackajack 34 and a few other books and apparently moved them together to the front of a box, then came back and quickly snagged them later. Ritter's camera's weren't functioning, and apparently we barely missed the theft as the book was in the box just before I arrived (Steve knew I'd be interested in the Larson - too bad he didn't pull it for me).

Glad it was recovered. Wish he would have then held it back for me. Oh well...

Like Heroics, Crackajacks are tough to find with nice PQ... which is why I like the pedigrees. I see Mr. Berk has a nice selection of Larsons on the title (hint, hint).

gonna share some Popular books...note that as of #47 "Larson" gets added to the cover markings...

Also to have a "run of Larsons" is like having two books in a row (leaving of course Mr. Carey)....very unusual to see...jb

That is a great set of Popular Comics you have there Jon. Many of those are hardly ever seen, and your copies are dreamy :cloud9: