• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World New Orleans 2012 Part 2 -- Nov. 30 - Dec. 2nd

139 posts in this topic

I'm actually looking forward to trying to make this show. Got a few friends in the area I'd like to see again.

Mr. Parker and Ogami, I might have time for you guys as well.

:insane:

:facepalm:

I'm actually looking forward to trying to make this show. Got a few friends in the area I'd like to see again.

You may want to show him the sights near Houma, late at night,

when it's raining, hard, and cold, with a stiff eastern breeze.

You may want to show him the sights near Houma, late at night,

when it's raining, hard, and cold, with a stiff eastern breeze.

Since I’m just recently getting back into collecting after several years, I’m really looking forward to this !

It’s going to be my first comic festival ever and it’s only a 2 hour drive to nola for a blowout weekend party … hells yea !

My wife and I hope to meet a few boardies for some food and drinks ! :headbang:

Since I’m just recently getting back into collecting after several years, I’m really looking forward to this !

It’s going to be my first comic festival ever and it’s only a 2 hour drive to nola for a blowout weekend party … hells yea !

You know your from the Acdiana area when you call a con a Comic Festival! lol

I kind of like it. hm

And I am always down for food and drinks! (thumbs u

You know your from the Acdiana area when you call a con a Comic Festival! lol

I kind of like it. hm

And I am always down for food and drinks! (thumbs u

Yep you got it Greedo … right in the heart of Acadiana !

You know how it is in this area … pretty much festivals every weekend !

Yea so I didn’t know much about it at all and thought it was technically “The Wizard Comic Festival” but now I know it’s the wizard world con and really pumped to check it out big time and wifey is as well !

Wifey is from nola so she knows tons of cools spots to hit … we are probably gonna stay at the Hilton Riverside because the rates are reasonable, it’s a nice hotel, great location next to the convention center/River Walk plus the char-grilled oysters are off the chain. :whee:

I’m up to spring for/cover food and drinks at The Port O Call on Esplanade for a group of any of us who is up for it … maybe a few “minutes” at the Penthouse too (maybe) (thumbs u

Robert Guillory (Chew) … well his dad (Rob Senior) works for me and will probably be coming down with us as well.

Anyway it sucks I can’t make SDCC but counting the days down for this one !

Char Grilled Oysters! :cloud9:

Hit me up closer to the Con. We can grab a beer and maybe some oysters.

I am good for about 2 "Beer Breaks" a day from the Con! They may not call it a comic festival, but I will damned if I don't treat it like one. Must be my Cajun roots! :grin:

hm debating this show, NYCC was going to be the last one this year for me. But who knows I might head down and check it out.

Loved this show in January, and if they didn't schedule this go-round at such a terrible time to travel I would be at this one too. You should check it out.

Since this is my first con I’m not really sure what to expect but I already bought the three day ticket for wifey and I. I’m hoping that buying tickets ahead of time will get us in the venue faster.

For those not familiar with New Orleans … the Hilton Riverside Hilton Riverside is an awesome place to stay as it is very close (within walking distance) to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center as well as walking distance to The French Quarter as well.

Another nice place within close distance is The Hotel Monteleone Hotel Monteleone

Of course these are only two of hundreds of places but these are where I stay when I’m in Nola for Saints games, concerts and parties. Or if I wanna go the cheap route I just stay at my mother in law’s house (more money for comics hm )

Glad to see there will be some of the “heavy hitters” in the comic world there at the con and hope to meet Dale & Bob there. I was really happy with the deal I got from you Bob and hopefully you have a few CGC Captain America on hand. I’ve got my wife convinced this is going to be my Christmas presents lol