• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret from Image Comics

151 posts in this topic

Just got #2 today. I Liked #1 myself, but have not read #2 yet. As far as 9.8's on this one??? Should be kind of hard with that black cover and print-wide spine flaws abound. I only picked up one copy and it's a solid 9.6, no better.

You think we'll get steam on this book.. I think it was way better than theif of thieves..

I like Secret a lot, but I don't know if I would say it is better than TOT. I'd have to compare where TOT was at after #2 to make a fair comparison, because TOT has fleshed out more and the more I read that book the more I like it. I think Secret has that kind of potential too.

I think this book has serious potential to outshine a lot of other very sucessful Image comics. I enjoyed issue 1 a lot and issue 2 even more than issue 1. Hickman's got a gift and has really been at the top of his game the last year or so.

less than 14 days and Secret isn't the only bangin' comic coming out that week. I thought this book was great. I'm kind of surprised that so many people were let down by the second issue. I enjoyed it. Any opinions about where the plot of this book will go?

I think the second issue is one of those issues that you look back on in ten issues time and go "ohhhhhh, that's why they did that...that makes sense".

The problem is, if you don't release a single issue after doing something like that, it kills off interest.

I hope that this was a one time delay. I really have high hopes for this book! I think it could be a sleeping giant. It has potential mainstream appeal that Manhattan Projects lacks b/c MP is too different for your average reader to get too excited about (personally I love it, but I'm shocked at the sucess it's enjoyed in the secondary market).