• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret from Image Comics

151 posts in this topic

Barring an announcement that Bodenheim has rediscovered his work ethic and drawn up the next 5 issues, I very much doubt there's going to be much interest. Most of the people who picked up 1 and 2 will have forgotten it.

I'll buy it just to find out what would have happened. Think it's a real shame this one couldn't continue.

Barring an announcement that Bodenheim has rediscovered his work ethic and drawn up the next 5 issues, I very much doubt there's going to be much interest. Most of the people who picked up 1 and 2 will have forgotten it.

I'll buy it just to find out what would have happened. Think it's a real shame this one couldn't continue.

I thought E.S. said at C2E2 that Bodenheim had health issues and that's why it was never finished.

I thought E.S. said at C2E2 that Bodenheim had health issues and that's why it was never finished.

Looks like you're right - just found this on Bleeding Cool:

We also got an update on the Jonathan Hickman, Ryan Bodenheim & Michael Garland series Secret, which stalled two issues in. Stephenson stated that Ryan had health issues preventing him from work, that the third issue will be resolicited for August and that issues 1 and 2 are both still available from Image.

Well, now I feel bad for suggesting he is lazy. In my defence, Hickman wasn't forthcoming about the reason for the delays, and definitely gave the impression (to me, anyway) that Bodenheim was just slow. And Red Mass for Mars was repeatedly delayed too.

Hickman's ongoing is back on track or what? Can't seem to dig up any recent news about the status of this series.

I'll have re-read 1 and 2 just to remember what it was all about. lol

bumping to discuss.

I think #3 just wraps up the story.

Hickman's ongoing is back on track or what? Can't seem to dig up any recent news about the status of this series.

bumping to discuss.

Hmmm. I think awhile back they were just going to do a "what could have been" issue #3 to wrap things up but after reading an article with Hickman [wherever I read it lol] I had the distinct feeling thats not the case anymore. Something about the artist being super sick but better now so they were getting back to it.

I could be wrong as Im just going off memory but Im pretty sure I didnt read it wrong

bumping to discuss.

Hmmm. I think awhile back they were just going to do a "what could have been" issue #3 to wrap things up but after reading an article with Hickman [wherever I read it lol] I had the distinct feeling thats not the case anymore. Something about the artist being super sick but better now so they were getting back to it.

I could be wrong as Im just going off memory but Im pretty sure I didnt read it wrong

:wishluck:

Please, please let that be the case. The story was off to a great start, and the art was nice and clean.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Secret #4 has been resolicited for September - so maybe the series isn't dead yet!

SECRET #4 (RES)

story JONATHAN HICKMAN

art RYAN BODENHEIM & MICHAEL GARLAND

SEPTEMBER 11

32 PAGES / FC / T+

$3.50

"NOCTURNAL"

Everything clicks into place as we discover who's really behind KodiaK. Someone lives. Someone dies. Someone knows...a secret.

I thought the first issue was one of a small handful in 2012/2013 that actually made me want to read the next issue rather buy out of compulsion (My standing order was around 35+ until a few weeks ago)

Hope this one gets back on a regular schedule, I'm looking forward to it :)

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Secret #4 has been resolicited for September - so maybe the series isn't dead yet!

SECRET #4 (RES)

story JONATHAN HICKMAN

art RYAN BODENHEIM & MICHAEL GARLAND

SEPTEMBER 11

32 PAGES / FC / T+

$3.50

"NOCTURNAL"

Everything clicks into place as we discover who's really behind KodiaK. Someone lives. Someone dies. Someone knows...a secret.

Issue #5 out in October and it looks like this is on going!

Awesomesauce

I saw solicitations for #'s 1 and 2 3rd printings being realeased at/before the same time #3 is supposed to drop. Midtown still has all the issues/printings for less than cover. I'd say I'd order a couple more, but my online comic shopping luck is never good. I'm tired of beaters showing up at my door that were bought as "NM"!!!

I saw solicitations for #'s 1 and 2 3rd printings being realeased at/before the same time #3 is supposed to drop. Midtown still has all the issues/printings for less than cover. I'd say I'd order a couple more, but my online comic shopping luck is never good. I'm tired of beaters showing up at my door that were bought as "NM"!!!

.....and Midtown has been killing me lately. 5 out of the last 7 orders have been beat. Sending a long box packed with damaged books on Monday.