• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New and Overwhelmed !

54 posts in this topic

Welcome Nate :)

And Nate is not a shill

T

Shill.

+1

-1 , just to negate your vote.

I would have said +2 but I believe that meant that I was +2 your -1 which, in effect, would have been agreeing with you. I clearly don't agree with you so I am -2 your -1 which brings us back to the fact that you should never engage in a land war in Asia.

:acclaim:

Or something like that. Whatever.

Do you like Captain America comics?

i use to like captain america comics but then i started to get free ones and tried to sell them on these boards and people got really mad at me and i didnt know what to do so i left forever but kept coming back and my peeps were giving me a hard time but i like captain america comics so can you send me more free captain america comics cause i work at a sandwich shop and dont have any money and oakman is my best friend in the world

i use to like captain america comics but then i started to get free ones and tried to sell them on these boards and people got really mad at me and i didnt know what to do so i left forever but kept coming back and my peeps were giving me a hard time but i like captain america comics so can you send me more free captain america comics cause i work at a sandwich shop and dont have any money and oakman is my best friend in the world

It's Oakland, dammit!!! ;)

OAKLAND-1-1-1.jpg

OAKLAND-1-1-1.jpg

:tonofbricks:

Welcome to the Boards,

Fantastic Thor did meet me and my fellow boardies at the Calgary show 2 years ago at our booth.

There are several fellow Edmonton based collectors on these boards.

I was given a full debrief of the does and do nots of the forum and what to expect lol, So far everyone has been pretty darn welcoming !

There are some glitches in our newb harassment processes. We hope to have them fixed them soon to make you feel completely uncomfortable with your overall Board experience. (thumbs u

:jokealert: Welcome! :hi:

I was given a full debrief of the does and do nots of the forum and what to expect lol, So far everyone has been pretty darn welcoming !

There's not much to worry about on here as long as you respect the long standing members, read more than you post and think before you type you'll be fine. You need to be able to take a joke to :)

WTTB :banana:

Hello and or Howdy fellow collectors !

A friend of mine (who is a member on here) introduced me to this board and I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself to everyone !

My name is Nate, I'm 22 years old and living in Edmonton, Alberta. I've been collecting Comic Books since I was around 13 years old. I remember watching something on A&E on comic books and I was hooked. I went out later that week and bought my very first comic book, Fantastic Four # 205.

I had no idea what I was doing or what I was interested in yet. I just thought it was cool to own my first "collectable".

When I was in my late teens (17-21) I sort of lost interest in the whole collecting thing. Looking back on it, it is unfortunate, but just recently, I pulled out my collection and went through it all and was just in "awe" at everything. I couldn't believe I gave up on it.

I am glad to say i have re-kindled my love and passion for collecting and I hope I never lose it. I have a collection of about 500 comics so far. Only 3 of them are CGC graded though. Being in Canada its a lot harder and more expensive to get them graded.

I am mostly into collecting Spider-man and X-men comics. I am almost done my Ultimate Spider-man set, I am just missing a few of the variant issues. I also have a big soft spot for Variant comics and Sketch covers. I can't get enough of the,

So far, I am pretty overwhelmed by this site. So much lingo and terminology to learn. "HOS" and "Probies", I am already lost! I hope to meet some people on here and buy some books and just talk comics !

Hope to be hearing from you guys soon !

Nate

Are you still overwhelmed?