• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Signed by everyone on the planet… lol

I think I could not enjoy a book signed on the plastic case… hm

Anyway, it would be tough to visit each author and having them sign the books. I have just two: a pair of ones Jack Kirby signed me and one I had from Steranko when he was in Prato (with John Buscema) in 1992.

Signed by everyone on the planet… lol

I think I could not enjoy a book signed on the plastic case… hm

Anyway, it would be tough to visit each author and having them sign the books. I have just two: a pair of ones Jack Kirby signed me and one I had from Steranko when he was in Prato (with John Buscema) in 1992.

Very cool. I used to go to a lot more cons to get signatures and still have quite a few raw signed books. When I discovered that CGC had the SS program it seemed like such a perfect fit for me as far as collecting graded books. I've taken that one step even further and am now focusing mainly on Adams (obviously lol ) and Wrightson books.

These just came back today.

th_Batman222Mexico.jpgth_Batman227Mexico.jpgth_Batman243Italy.jpgth_Batman245Mexico.jpg

th_Batman251Canada.jpgth_Batman251Germany.jpgth_DetectiveComics395Mexico.jpgth_DetectiveComics404Belgium.jpg

th_Flash246Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern85Dutch.jpgth_GreenLantern87Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpg

th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica138Mexico.jpgth_Spectre4Mexico.jpgth_Superman233Mexico.jpgth_Superman317Mexico.jpg

Very sweet... :cloud9: I might be going to go out on a limb here but I think at this point you probably have the largest foriegn Adams SS series collection I have ever seen.... hm

Edited by Define999

These just came back today.

th_Batman222Mexico.jpgth_Batman227Mexico.jpgth_Batman243Italy.jpgth_Batman245Mexico.jpg

th_Batman251Canada.jpgth_Batman251Germany.jpgth_DetectiveComics395Mexico.jpgth_DetectiveComics404Belgium.jpg

th_Flash246Mexico.jpgth_GreenLantern85Dutch.jpgth_GreenLantern87Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpg

th_JusticeLeagueofAmerica138Mexico.jpgth_Spectre4Mexico.jpgth_Superman233Mexico.jpgth_Superman317Mexico.jpg

Very sweet... :cloud9: I might be going to go out on a limb here but I think at this point you probably have the largest foriegn Adams SS series collection I have ever seen.... hm

I don't think that limb stretches too far. lol If I don't now I'm sure I will have by the end of next year.

I’m taking for granted you’ve already read the stories in their original english.

Joking apart, in some cases it’s interesting to see how the stories have been translated in other languages.

In italian, for example, the very first issue of the Fantastic Four was published on a famous magazine belonging to a cultural area which was politically left-wing. The adaptation was superb, but the hints to the "space race" and the cold war feelings were somewhat avoided. While when Corno published Fantastici Quattro #1 the translation was awful but Reed's worries of beating the U.S.S.R. to the space race were kept. This is just an example. ;)