• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

These are, what I believe to be, all the variants/reprints of ASM 298 from all the countries that printed it with the corresponding US cover. Although there are many more countries that have printed Spideys, they didn’t all publish with the ASM 298 cover. Don’t ask me why I started doing it, because I really don’t know, other than the fact that they look neat next to each other. I just had the last one come back from CGC and thought I’d share them with you guys. I think this may be the first COMPLETE foreign “Set.” So here is my 298 foreign run, short, but sweet… :)

Brazil (Signed by TM 7/25/09)

Denmark (Signed by Stan 5/7/10, by TM 5/8/10 (Stan Lee Tribute Event))

Holland (Signed by TM 7/25/09)

Italy (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by Bob Mcleod 2/27/09)

SnipI-1.png

Mexico (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by BM 2/27/09)

Norway (Signed by TM 3/8/11)

Spain (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by BM 2/27/09)

Sweden (Signed by TM 5/8/10)

SnipII.png

Finland (Signed by TM 11/21/11)

Greece (Signed by Stan 6/2/12)

Hungary (Signed by DM 2/23/12)

Poland (Signed by TM 11/21/11)

SnipIII.png

I would like to thank all the fellow boardies that made this Happen—The fine people at DWC (Thank you Sharon and Chandler), Menace, and Sean from NYComics….. :)

Wow...that is cool!...dont see that everyday
Sweet!

@143ksk: Stop it, you're probably making Liam drool. lol What are the publication dates on those? They definitely look older.

1962, I think...

These are, what I believe to be, all the variants/reprints of ASM 298 from all the countries that printed it with the corresponding US cover. Although there are many more countries that have printed Spideys, they didn’t all publish with the ASM 298 cover. Don’t ask me why I started doing it, because I really don’t know, other than the fact that they look neat next to each other. I just had the last one come back from CGC and thought I’d share them with you guys. I think this may be the first COMPLETE foreign “Set.” So here is my 298 foreign run, short, but sweet… :)

Brazil (Signed by TM 7/25/09)

Denmark (Signed by Stan 5/7/10, by TM 5/8/10 (Stan Lee Tribute Event))

Holland (Signed by TM 7/25/09)

Italy (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by Bob Mcleod 2/27/09)

SnipI-1.png

Mexico (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by BM 2/27/09)

Norway (Signed by TM 3/8/11)

Spain (Signed by TM 1/24/09, by DM 2/7/09, by BM 2/27/09)

Sweden (Signed by TM 5/8/10)

SnipII.png

Finland (Signed by TM 11/21/11)

Greece (Signed by Stan 6/2/12)

Hungary (Signed by DM 2/23/12)

Poland (Signed by TM 11/21/11)

SnipIII.png

I would like to thank all the fellow boardies that made this Happen—The fine people at DWC (Thank you Sharon and Chandler), Menace, and Sean from NYComics….. :)

:o Very impressive Ches! Quite crazy in fact.... I dont think the average collector realizes how difficult and impressive this type of feat is! Congrats friend you deserve all the accolades you get for this one! (worship)

Edited by Define999

Sweet!

@143ksk: Stop it, you're probably making Liam drool. lol What are the publication dates on those? They definitely look older.

1962, I think...

lol Liatons eyes are popping out of his head! (thumbs u Great books! (thumbs u

Sweet!

1962, I think...

lol Liatons eyes are popping out of his head! (thumbs u Great books! (thumbs u

He knows they are... We've been talking :grin:

Interesting bit about the rarity of UK pence variants which reminds me of my golden years of collecting.

I got my Incredible Hulk 1 1962 pence variant from an auction in Trafford Park Manchester UK. There was a national fuel crisis that week (ie the pumps were dry) and very few people came in person to look at the lots advertised. I popped down on foot saw this beauty (about a fine minus) put on an absent bid as I didn't trust myself 'live'. Few people turned up I was later told and most of the comic lots went to someone from Bristol who was rewarded for their long journey and deliberate petrol saving, sensing, I presume, a low turnout....except for this one comic .He bid several times apparently but packed in just £5 short of my bid !

Never good to gloat. But as there have been many many more disappointments, I'll allow myself a silver glow this once...

Interesting bit about the rarity of UK pence variants which reminds me of my golden years of collecting.

I got my Incredible Hulk 1 1962 pence variant from an auction in Trafford Park Manchester UK. There was a national fuel crisis that week (ie the pumps were dry) and very few people came in person to look at the lots advertised. I popped down on foot saw this beauty (about a fine minus) put on an absent bid as I didn't trust myself 'live'. Few people turned up I was later told and most of the comic lots went to someone from Bristol who was rewarded for their long journey and deliberate petrol saving, sensing, I presume, a low turnout....except for this one comic .He bid several times apparently but packed in just £5 short of my bid !

Never good to gloat. But as there have been many many more disappointments, I'll allow myself a silver glow this once...

Story would much better with a picture.... :popcorn:

WTTBs!!! :hi:

Story would much better with a picture.... :popcorn:

WTTBs!!! :hi:

+1 WTTB

I'd be interested in seeing some pics too.