• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Huh, why the random Spideys?

And that Doctor Strange in english? What’s that? UK, Australian or what?

They are from a amazing original owner collection from Mexico city and I just had to have them..... for Prensa's finding stuff that isnt falling apart can be difficult so dark cover stuff that looks this nice I had to pick up....

The Strange is a Aussie Newton without the poster... :gossip: Newtons are tougher to find because not many survived apparently....

I have another batch of Mexican and Dutch books in the mail... but I figured I might as well post these before I forget.... (shrug)

SPeaking of the Aussie books I noticed somthing quite odd when comapring the American Sandman 1 and the Aussie? hm

sandman_american_aussiecomp.jpg

When thinking of English language foreign variants one might think nothing was changed dialouge-wise? I guess maybe thats not the case in some instances. Maybe "weirdies" means somthing in Aussie slang? Maybe a weirdie is a racist wombat or somthing? lol

An Aussie boardie might chime in and let us know? (shrug)

Question. Is there a couple of decent websites recommended for finding current comic publications in foreign languages?

I already posted this in the Saga thread, but since this my first foreign comic purchase, I will share here also:

tClxOVe.jpg

The foreign Ebay sites our your best bet.... each country has its own unique situations and market realities for selling comics. The good news is most foreign LCS probably carry alot of what your looking for.... hm and most sell online....

But an easy website that specializes in foreign books from all over the world, speaks english, takes paypal, and can be found easily........ no..... (shrug)

Hit me up on PM and I will see if I can direct you to somthing that may help? hm

Nice book BTW! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Question. Is there a couple of decent websites recommended for finding current comic publications in foreign languages?

I already posted this in the Saga thread, but since this my first foreign comic purchase, I will share here also:

tClxOVe.jpg

The foreign Ebay sites our your best bet.... each country has its own unique situations and market realities for selling comics. The good news is most foreign LCS probably carry alot of what your looking for.... hm and most sell online....

But an easy website that specializes in foreign books from all over the world, speaks english, takes paypal, and can be found easily........ no..... (shrug)

Hit me up on PM and I will see if I can direct you to somthing that may help? hm

Nice book BTW! (thumbs u

Probably should not have started looking up foreign comics on Ebay, this could get real dangerous for my wallet real fast. Kinda surprised nobody has started a comic import website yet. I'm not looking for anything specific, just kind of wondering what is being reproduced from the modern market. Anybody want to share their favorite international sellers?