• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm 3 weeks into quitting tobacco.

74 posts in this topic

I quit permantly using Chantix, has bad side effects (but not as bad as tobaccos) works great. Bad nightmares.

Yea, my wife experienced some crazy sleep related side effects.... nightmares, sleep walking... you name it! In the end though Chantix worked for her....

I had a nightmare where I was watching someone steal all my comics and I couldnt move, lol does that make this thread legit? I woke up in a cold sweat,lol

I quit permantly using Chantix, has bad side effects (but not as bad as tobaccos) works great. Bad nightmares.

Yea, my wife experienced some crazy sleep related side effects.... nightmares, sleep walking... you name it! In the end though Chantix worked for her....

I don't know if it's the Wellbutrin or the patch, but I've been having some crazy vivid dreams. Some of them are..... great.

It's the patch.I had the most vivid dreams when I was on it when I quit smoking.

I quit smoking. It wasn't that hard.

Why is this in general?

Because you missed it and haven't reported it to the mods yet.

Guess again.

That sounded so Schwarzenegger-ish.

I don't know if it's the Wellbutrin or the patch, but I've been having some crazy vivid dreams. Some of them are..... great.

It's the patch.I had the most vivid dreams when I was on it when I quit smoking.

Can you get these 'patches' over the counter, or do I need a prescription? banana082.gif

Can you get these 'patches' over the counter, or do I need a prescription? banana082.gif

They're OTC, and guaranteed to give you vivid dreams. I used them once to quit, and after I failed, I still kept wearing the patch at night for the good times. :)

I quit smoking. It wasn't that hard.

Why is this in general?

Because you missed it and haven't reported it to the mods yet.

Guess again.

It's a rhetorical question?

Congrats! :applause:

1st three weeks is the hardest so hang in there, you're almost home free!

On a side note, I'm 3 weeks into telling the wifey I quit smoking :blush:

If she catches me, I may have to trade some slabs for sleeping room on a boardies couch! :o

lol.. been there, done that.

I smoked cigs for twenty years. I fought with my wife over them as I 'quit', went on for about a year. It was too hard to hide the smell so I switched to chewing tobacco, which I must say, to me, was ten times more enjoyable and ten times as hard to quit. I chewed for about year without my wife knowing. She found out about two months ago.

Now I'm about three weeks NICOTINE FREE. I will probably never chew tobacco again, but it sure was enjoyable while it lasted. One of life's great pleasures...lol

Quitting smoking was one of the best things I've ever done. Sixteen years was the last one for good. And, yeah, using those patches right before you go to bed will generate some wicked dreams. :insane:

You don't want to get started on that. Once you get hooked you'll need to smoke for weeks just to get off the patch.

The first day or two is the hardest. After that, it gets easier every day IMO.

I've found that it was always easiest to get a head start on quitting during a cold. You don't feel like smoking when you're hacking, stuffed up and coughing with a sore throat so you might even get a few days head start.